Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to retire Ferguson narrative

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    I think they stopped him for walking on the carriage way. To those officers, he was not a robbery suspect; he was apparently as innocent as you. If you want to connect the robbery to the killing, you have to know much more about it. Still missing is that and his personal history, particularly regarding interactions with the authorities.
    The problem is when Wilsion told him to move out of the street, he attacked Wilson and was shot. Most innocent people would have moved off the street, not attack a police officer. Brown was a thug. He beat up the store owner then attacked a police officer in his car.

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think they stopped him for walking on the carriage way. To those officers, he was not a robbery suspect; he was apparently as innocent as you. If you want to connect the robbery to the killing, you have to know much more about it. Still missing is that and his personal history, particularly regarding interactions with the authorities.
    You are incredibly ill-informed on this. You must have obtained a copy of JimL's LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Brown was a thug who had just robbed a convenient store and assaulted the clerk. Any "harassment" by police in the past was due to his own criminal activities.

The "Gentle Giant" in action.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You are incredibly ill-informed on this. You must have obtained a copy of JimL's LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies.
    Yes, I posted too soon; I do apologize.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

6. Amen rogue06 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, I posted too soon; I do apologize.
    Apology accepted.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It looks like even some of the "fact checkers" are calling Warren and Harris out on this. FWIU the Washington Post gave their claim a full four Pinocchios

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It looks like even some of the "fact checkers" are calling Warren and Harris out on this.
    Seriously? Any Pinocchio's?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Seriously? Any Pinocchio's?
    See my addition to the post. I should note that I can't confirm it since it is behind a paywall

11. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    See my addition to the post. I should note that I can't confirm it since it is behind a paywall
    Harris, Warren Wrong About Brown Shooting

On Aug. 9, 2014, Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year-old black man, was shot and killed by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, in what the Obama administration’s Department of Justice determined was an act of “self-defense.” But Sens. Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren referred to Brown’s death as a “murder.”

On the fifth anniversary of Brown’s death, Harris tweeted, “Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement.” Warren tweeted: “5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times.”

The Washington Post Fact Checker in March 2015 cited the DOJ report in debunking a popular belief that Brown had raised his hands in surrender and said “don’t shoot.” The DOJ investigation found: “Witness accounts suggesting that Brown was standing still with his hands raised in an unambiguous signal of surrender when Wilson shot Brown are inconsistent with the physical evidence, are otherwise not credible because of internal inconsistencies, or are not credible because of inconsistencies with other credible evidence.”

Harris and Warren may disagree with the findings of the Obama administration’s Justice Department, as Michael Brown’s father does. On the anniversary of Brown’s death on Aug. 9, Michael Brown Sr. called for a reopening of the investigation into the fatal shooting of his son.

“Justice has not been served,” he said, according to the Associated Press. “My son was murdered in cold blood, with no remorse and no medical treatment.”

We contacted the Harris and Warren campaigns about the candidates’ statements, but we have not received a response.

In their own little way, these morons are fanning the flames of racism.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It looks like even some of the "fact checkers" are calling Warren and Harris out on this. FWIU the Washington Post gave their claim a full four Pinocchios
    WashPost, FactCheck.org Call Out Harris, Warren as False on Michael Brown 'Murder'

We wouldn't normally evaluate a "fact check" when it lines up with all the available facts. But it can be noteworthy when Democrats are tagged as "Four Pinocchios" False. Both the Washington Post Fact Checker and FactCheck.org flagged Senators and presidential candidates Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren for incorrectly claiming Michael Brown was "murdered" in Ferguson, Missouri by police officer Darren Wilson.

Snopes.com hasn't arrived on this scene yet, and strangely, PolitiFact spotlighted these articles on their "Fact-checking around the web" picks while so far failing to do their own fact check.

On August 9, Sen. Harris tweeted "Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America," and minutes later, Sen. Warren echoed "5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times."

Lori Robertson at FactCheck.org posted an article titled "Harris, Warren Wrong About Brown Shooting." She turned to the report from Obama's Justice Department in March 2015, which found that the “use of deadly force is justified when the officer has ‘probable cause to believe that the suspect pose[s] a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others.'” The report went on to say that there was “no credible evidence” disproving Wilson’s stated intent — that he believed Brown was a threat to him. "Multiple credible witnesses corroborate virtually every material aspect of Wilson’s account and are consistent with the physical evidence."

Robertson noted the Washington Post Fact Checker at that time cited the DOJ report in debunking a popular belief that Brown had raised his hands in surrender and said “don’t shoot.”

In reality, the DOJ investigation found: “Witness accounts suggesting that Brown was standing still with his hands raised in an unambiguous signal of surrender when Wilson shot Brown are inconsistent with the physical evidence, are otherwise not credible because of internal inconsistencies, or are not credible because of inconsistencies with other credible evidence.”

Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler gave these two Democrat contenders the full Pinocchio blast on Tuesday: