Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Every Democrat in the Senate Against Free Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, a gay-hating (he gets his hating instructions from the Bible) politico, awards a government contract to a gay-hating contractor (who hates gays because he likes government contracts), and this is all fair and reasonable to an Evangelical Christian. The poor gay just pays his taxes as usual.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      So, a gay-hating (he gets his hating instructions from the Bible) politico, awards a government contract to a gay-hating contractor (who hates gays because he likes government contracts), and this is all fair and reasonable to an Evangelical Christian. The poor gay just pays his taxes as usual.
      No, that characterization is not complete bollix at all.

Poor gay guy can go work at any number of other jobs where he is not "hated" by the evil Christians and Muslims.

And the contractor has be already be a religious company.

Comment

Your use of "gay" in place of "gay person" is problematic and dehumanizing. Suggest checking your privilege and being more careful with your language in future.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Your use of "gay" in place of "gay person" is problematic and dehumanizing. Suggest checking your privilege and being more careful with your language in future.
          perSON is genderfying. LBGTQRX+ people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            "Some of my best friends are liberals."

You only say so because you believe I am a liberal.
            Last edited by Charles; 08-19-2019, 12:36 PM.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              You only say so because you believe I am a liberal.
              No I think you are just a troll.

Comment

THERE's the real ff!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  I generally type the FIRST thing that comes into my head. Any accuracy of language is purely accidental.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I generally type the FIRST thing that comes into my head. Any accuracy of language is purely accidental.
                    Thought Police.jpg

Comment