Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Every Democrat in the Senate Against Free Speech

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Or, "it's not that I don't believe you, but you never tell the truth."
    I can't say that he NEVER tells the truth. It's just that, when he does, he's just very creative in the way he dresses it.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I can't say that he NEVER tells the truth. It's just that, when he does, he's just very creative in the way he dresses it.
    I should note that I wasn't directing that at ff per se, as it is a saying I picked up years ago (hence the quotation marks) and use from time to time.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I should note that I wasn't directing that at ff per se, as it is a saying I picked up years ago (hence the quotation marks) and use from time to time.
    Understood - and I don't find ff a particularly dishonest fellow - I believe that he believes the incredible distortions of truth he purveys. He's just so frequently incredibly incorrect.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    I see the US is making a bid to become a fascist theocracy .
    Why you progs like to make big theocracy bogey?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I see the US is making a bid to become a fascist theocracy with proposed changes to labour laws.
    Pretty sure that is already the law, that religious organizations can discriminate based on religion. Why wouldn't they? Why should a Muslim organization have to hire Christians, or vice versa?

Can Religious Organizations Discriminate?

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 generally prohibits any sort of employment discrimination based on sex, race, national origin, or religion. However, there is a notable exception to the rule: religious organizations are allowed to discriminate on the basis of their religion.

The reason is because they have the right to free exercise of religion. It also has a basis in common sense. For instance, a Catholic school would want to hire Catholic nuns rather than atheists, and the same goes with priests, etc. This exception encompasses all employees of a religious organization, and not just those in the top tier.
    https://www.legalmatch.com/law-libra...te.html?form=2

6. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, a gay-hating (he gets his hating instructions from the Bible) politico, awards a government contract to a gay-hating contractor (who hates gays because he likes government contracts), and this is all fair and reasonable to an Evangelical Christian. The poor gay just pays his taxes as usual.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, a gay-hating (he gets his hating instructions from the Bible) politico, awards a government contract to a gay-hating contractor (who hates gays because he likes government contracts), and this is all fair and reasonable to an Evangelical Christian. The poor gay just pays his taxes as usual.
    No, that characterization is not complete bollix at all.

Poor gay guy can go work at any number of other jobs where he is not "hated" by the evil Christians and Muslims.

And the contractor has be already be a religious company.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your use of "gay" in place of "gay person" is problematic and dehumanizing. Suggest checking your privilege and being more careful with your language in future.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

10. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    Your use of "gay" in place of "gay person" is problematic and dehumanizing. Suggest checking your privilege and being more careful with your language in future.
    perSON is genderfying. LBGTQRX+ people.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    "Some of my best friends are liberals."

You only say so because you believe I am a liberal.
    Last edited by Charles; 08-19-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.