Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Rails Against “Fredo” Slur From Viral Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Hardly. If anything he was the one doing it like when he told the guy who called him Fredo:

I’ll [ATTACH=CONFIG]39037[/ATTACH]ing ruin your [ATTACH=CONFIG]39037[/ATTACH]. I’ll [ATTACH=CONFIG]39037[/ATTACH]ing throw you down these stairs like a [ATTACH=CONFIG]39037[/ATTACH]ing punk.
    Even though he referred to his own self as Fredo on the past.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      A self hating Italian...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think I heard that somewhere.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Now I have to pay you royalties, don't I?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Fascinating since he has referred to himself as Fredo in the past:

Source: Chris Cuomo once referred to himself as ‘Fredo’ in radio interview

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who was captured on a viral video getting into a profanity-laced exchange with a person who called him “Fredo,” once referred to himself as the hapless “The Godfather” character in a radio interview.

Cuomo was interviewed by Curtis Sliwa on his AM 970 radio show in January 2010 about whether his brother Andrew might seek the Democratic nomination for governor.

Sliwa said he dubbed the Cuomo family “la Cuomo Nostra.”

“There is a group of people — politicos — who always hint they might run, but not necessarily plunge all the way, and they are members of la Cuomo.”

“Who am I, then, Fredo?” Cuomo asked in response.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Further it seems that most accounts are focusing on the fact that the language he used was laced with vulgar language where I think a bigger issue is that he apparently threatened to push the guy down a flight of stairs.
            Er, come on - that's like asking 'am I chopped liver'. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Of course, he's now got himself a new nickname - sometimes it pays to just let things slide...
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The funniest part is that by going on this rant, Chris Cuomo just guaranteed that the "Fredo" nickname will stick to him forever!
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The funniest part is that by going on this rant, Chris Cuomo just guaranteed that the "Fredo" nickname will stick to him forever!
                Pretty much, yeah --- he just gave everybody a handle with which to jerk him around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Wonder who mentioned that before...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Wonder who mentioned that before...
                    Rogue. Right?

Comment

Rogue. Right?

Isn't it about time for your check up?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Melon-head Hannity is defending Fredo's right to not be harassed in public, when out relaxing with his family, and I reluctantly agree.

He is also defending the fact that Fredo vigorously stood up for himself, and there I do not agree. Fredo went beyond "standing up for himself" directly to psychotic rage with literal threats of violence.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Melon-head Hannity is defending Fredo's right to not be harassed in public, when out relaxing with his family, and I reluctantly agree.
                          Family, especially, should be off limits.

He is also defending the fact that Fredo vigorously stood up for himself, and there I do not agree. Fredo went beyond "standing up for himself" directly to psychotic rage with literal threats of violence.
                          It looks like a case of "protesting too much" on steroids. Somebody in this thread revealed that he had referred to himself as Fredo, then totally freaked out when somebody else called him that. He's proving he's the weak sissy he so viciously denies he is.

Comment

Family, especially, should be off limits.

It looks like a case of "protesting too much" on steroids. Somebody in this thread revealed that he had referred to himself as Fredo, then totally freaked out when somebody else called him that. He's proving he's the weak sissy he so viciously denies he is.
                            Yeah, no - look at Rogue's quote - the guy is not using it as a normal self reference but as a sarcastic rhetorical question.

What I saw of the video was him going off about the name - not about being disturbed in public or the person being otherwise obnoxious. Assuming the worst and the guy meant to be insulting, the reaction was way out of proportion to the slight.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Freddo is NZ's version of chocolate frogs.....

https://www.cadbury.co.nz/product/freddo/
                              Source: Cadbury

Freddo
                              Is there a cheekier chocolate than Freddo? If there’s ever any chocolatey mischief happening in Joyville, cheeky Freddo won’t be far away. He’s always jumping head first into the fun, and for the past 80 years has leapt into our confectioner’s hearts too.

© Copyright Original Source

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Apparently Rush Limbaugh has been calling him Fredo for years now though I don't know whether or not this was on account of Cuomo's own self-reference

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment