Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN’s Chris Cuomo Rails Against “Fredo” Slur From Viral Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Apparently Rush Limbaugh has been calling him Fredo for years now though I don't know whether or not this was on account of Cuomo's own self-reference
    No, Fredo said something really stupid a while back during an interview - that was when Rush labeled him. And the fact that he jokingly suggested that the Cuomo family was a crime family with Mario as the Godfather.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Yeah, no - look at Rogue's quote - the guy is not using it as a normal self reference but as a sarcastic rhetorical question.
      But he brought it up!

What I saw of the video was him going off about the name - not about being disturbed in public or the person being otherwise obnoxious. Assuming the worst and the guy meant to be insulting, the reaction was way out of proportion to the slight.
      Yes, he was having a profanity-laced rant about being called a name.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

italian stereotypes.jpg
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]39038[/ATTACH]
          Is that, perhaps, an offer we can't refuse?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aad.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If I might politely interrupt this movie chatter to get back on topic for just a second....

For CNN’s Cuomo, it’s now Fredo, forever.

Great job, Fredo!

Now, back to the movie chatter....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                If I might politely interrupt this movie chatter to get back on topic for just a second....

For CNN’s Cuomo, it’s now Fredo, forever.

Great job, Fredo!

Now, back to the movie chatter....

00000000000000ab000-00aaf.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Moderated By: rogue06

All the posts dealing with movies and TV shows have been moved to The Godfather, sequels, cartoons, Dune, James Bond etc.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                  Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

Perhaps he is only partly Fredo, hence the offence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semifreddo

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aad.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        The funniest part is that by going on this rant, Chris Cuomo just guaranteed that the "Fredo" nickname will stick to him forever!
                        Gotta love capitalism...

It was an opportunity the Trump reelection campaign couldn’t refuse. President Trump’s 2020 campaign wasted no time Tuesday in selling “Fredo Unhinged” T-shirts to piggyback on the controversy over CNN anchor Chris Cuomo’s unhinged viral video rant.

For $34, Trump supporters can get a T-shirt with unflattering screen grabs of the host from the video where he rages against a man who called the anchor “Fredo.”

“CNN’s Chris Cuomo is Fredo!” the Trump campaign shop says of the “limited edition” T-shirt that went live at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.

Nypost
                        trump-shirt.jpg

Comment

Kinda sad, really.

But funny, too.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aae.jpg
                            You read that in his voice didn't ya?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]39217[/ATTACH]
                              You read that in his voice didn't ya?
                              How can you not.... and if your dad walked you to school because you're both in the same grade...

Comment