Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    How bout backing off just a bit and showing some charity yourself?
    1.) I was replying to your reply to me, which came before the one you wrote to Zym. I didn't see that one before I replied. 2.) What was your point in reply to JimL in post #6 if it wasn't that "beat" meant physical violence? If you mean "beat" as in "beat at the polls" then you should have been mostly agreeing JimL (except for the white thing of course), shouldn't you have? 3.) Why do you take things so personally when I have a disagreement with you in a thread? I'm not attempting to harangue you, or brow beat you. What about a comment like "I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is," should be answered with "How bout backing off just a bit?" You're coming off a bit offended, and like the thread from yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I don't see any reason not to take him at his word, because there was one incident a little later where he publicly said that he wanted to do it when one of his supporters sucker punched someone), but ended up not following through (probably one of his aides talked him out of it... and because he repeated the statement at least twice, using the word "promise".
      He's a jackass - he says really stupid stuff - which is why there's so much focus on "sending the wrong message". I wish to God he'd just shut up, but we know that's not going to happen.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I agree. He wasn't talking about physical violence -- but he was being racist against whites.
        That I can agree with.

And he has a ridiculous hairdo. Does that make me racist?
        No, I think that's something I can also agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          1.) I was replying to your reply to me, which came before the one you wrote to Zym. I didn't see that one before I replied. 2.) What was your point in reply to JimL in post #6 if it wasn't that "beat" meant physical violence? If you mean "beat" as in "beat at the polls" then you should have been mostly agreeing JimL (except for the white thing of course), shouldn't you have? 3.)
          I was pointing out that he ALSO said "at protests" -- that's WAY different than "at the polls", because things can get rather violent at the protests.

Why do you take things so personally when I have a disagreement with you in a thread? I'm not attempting to harangue you, or brow beat you. What about a comment like "I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is," should be answered with "How bout backing off just a bit?" You're coming off a bit offended, and like the thread from yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your tone.
          Taking things personally?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Taking things personally?
            Was I reading more into "back off" than you intended?

Comment

I was pointing out that he ALSO said "at protests" -- that's WAY different than "at the polls", because things can get rather violent at the protests.
              So you do think he was talking about violence.

Comment

Was I reading more into "back off" than you intended?
                Absolutely.

Comment

So you do think he was talking about violence.
                  No, I don't -- I was simply pointing out the FACTS --- and I have very CLEARLY said....

I really don't think he was signalling anybody to go out to protests (that was part of his schpiel) and literally beat people.
                  All I was pointing out was that he was saying some really dumb stuff, and people were leaving out one of the components to make it look like he was ONLY talking about polling.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I was responding to the specific claim that he had never promoted/condoned violence.
                    I should have been more specific. I mean unprovoked violence like shooting people. This is not a call to unprovoked violence:

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them"
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I watched the video. I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is. He wasn't referring to physically beating people.
                      Then you don't know his history. ### Edit to add*** There's some profanity in the article.

https://abovethelaw.com/2016/12/here...ustice-system/
                      Last edited by Bill the Cat; 08-14-2019, 01:07 PM.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Comment

What am I missing there? The only reference I could find to violent action was in the negative:

But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

What else would you expect from someone who is an editor for a group that calls itself "Above the Law"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              Unless they're wearing MAGA hats, of course.
                              Well, they're "asking for it."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Then you don't know his history.
                                Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP? If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,
                                "There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops — when the armed forces of the state — can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. I’m living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."

Comment