Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I know it was supposed to be a joke, but I'm really concerned about the state of our Nation, and I think Trump is being a huge part of the problem.
    I think he may BE more uniting than he's given credit for. The polls around him are doing weird things - makes me suspicious that he's actually more popular than the polling indicates because moderates and Democrats are reluctant to say anything positive, even to pollsters (yeah, it's a real thing).
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Trump has yuge chance of Reagan level Trumpslide.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        I think he may BE more uniting than he's given credit for. The polls around him are doing weird things - makes me suspicious that he's actually more popular than the polling indicates because moderates and Democrats are reluctant to say anything positive, even to pollsters (yeah, it's a real thing).
        Lying to pollsters was relatively common with Brexit and the 2016 election.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Trump has yuge chance of Reagan level Trumpslide.
          A lot will depend on the state of the economy. That is what Trump has hung his hat on and if it starts sputtering he could be in trouble.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

SCA knights wear spurs! It was a thing with medieval knights.
            For a bit on the history of spurs

Comment

SCA knights wear spurs! It was a thing with medieval knights.

Also, depends on the horse. I used to ride at a rental place that had Chester - the universe's slowest horse. The only horse I EVER rode that would not keep up with the other horses riding in a group. Literally, he'd let them go off and leave us. Didn't matter, he knew the way but I was taught that only one of us was in charge - and it wasn't supposed to be him. Result was I'd wear myself out kicking his butt just to keep him walking fast enough to keep up with horses that weren't walking all that fast! Dang near killed myself the one and only time I managed to get him to trot...

Only horse I ever wanted spurs for! Not sure it would have helped...
              Yeah, I don't see spurs nearly as much as I used to. Been a while sicne I ran into a knight.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP? If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,
                "There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops — when the armed forces of the state — can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. I’m living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."
                He's not saying, "We shouldn't be violent because it's wrong," he's saying, "We shouldn't be violent because we'll lose." Presumably he wouldn't have a problem with it if he thought they could win.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP? If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,
                  "There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops — when the armed forces of the state — can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. I’m living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."
                  I agree. All the linked article does is demonstrate that the guest feels particularly strong about the issue. This seems to be a strange hill to die on.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment