Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    How bout backing off just a bit and showing some charity yourself?
    1.) I was replying to your reply to me, which came before the one you wrote to Zym. I didn't see that one before I replied. 2.) What was your point in reply to JimL in post #6 if it wasn't that "beat" meant physical violence? If you mean "beat" as in "beat at the polls" then you should have been mostly agreeing JimL (except for the white thing of course), shouldn't you have? 3.) Why do you take things so personally when I have a disagreement with you in a thread? I'm not attempting to harangue you, or brow beat you. What about a comment like "I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is," should be answered with "How bout backing off just a bit?" You're coming off a bit offended, and like the thread from yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your tone.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I don't see any reason not to take him at his word, because there was one incident a little later where he publicly said that he wanted to do it when one of his supporters sucker punched someone), but ended up not following through (probably one of his aides talked him out of it... and because he repeated the statement at least twice, using the word "promise".
    He's a jackass - he says really stupid stuff - which is why there's so much focus on "sending the wrong message". I wish to God he'd just shut up, but we know that's not going to happen.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I agree. He wasn't talking about physical violence -- but he was being racist against whites.
    That I can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And he has a ridiculous hairdo. Does that make me racist?
    No, I think that's something I can also agree with.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    1.) I was replying to your reply to me, which came before the one you wrote to Zym. I didn't see that one before I replied. 2.) What was your point in reply to JimL in post #6 if it wasn't that "beat" meant physical violence? If you mean "beat" as in "beat at the polls" then you should have been mostly agreeing JimL (except for the white thing of course), shouldn't you have? 3.)
    I was pointing out that he ALSO said "at protests" -- that's WAY different than "at the polls", because things can get rather violent at the protests.

Why do you take things so personally when I have a disagreement with you in a thread? I'm not attempting to harangue you, or brow beat you. What about a comment like "I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is," should be answered with "How bout backing off just a bit?" You're coming off a bit offended, and like the thread from yesterday, I'm not sure I understand your tone.
    Taking things personally?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Taking things personally?
    Was I reading more into "back off" than you intended?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I was pointing out that he ALSO said "at protests" -- that's WAY different than "at the polls", because things can get rather violent at the protests.
    So you do think he was talking about violence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Was I reading more into "back off" than you intended?
    Absolutely.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So you do think he was talking about violence.
    No, I don't -- I was simply pointing out the FACTS --- and I have very CLEARLY said....

I really don't think he was signalling anybody to go out to protests (that was part of his schpiel) and literally beat people.
    All I was pointing out was that he was saying some really dumb stuff, and people were leaving out one of the components to make it look like he was ONLY talking about polling.

9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I was responding to the specific claim that he had never promoted/condoned violence.
    I should have been more specific. I mean unprovoked violence like shooting people. This is not a call to unprovoked violence:

"If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them"

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I watched the video. I sincerely think you're all seeing this in a MUCH worse light than it is. He wasn't referring to physically beating people.
    Then you don't know his history. ### Edit to add*** There's some profanity in the article.

https://abovethelaw.com/2016/12/here...ustice-system/
    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 08-14-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---