Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Because he's a racist.
    Sorry, as Mystal has proclaimed: "Whites don't get a vote" on what's racist.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Sorry, as Mystal has proclaimed: "Whites don't get a vote" on what's racist.
      Isn't that a bit racist?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Isn't that a bit racist?
        His remarks often are -- but we don't get a vote... unless... we self-identify as black.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          His remarks often are -- but we don't get a vote... unless... we self-identify as black.
          I had chitlins for breakfast before we did our "donuts and blessings" at local schools.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I never have nor will I ever encourage physical violence as a legitimate part of democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?
              Yes. I've seen him SEVERAL times on MSNBC. He simply hates whites and every word out of his mouth is directed at how racist whites are.

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP?
              No. It was a bit of more information on his utter hatred of whites. And, as I've repeated in this thread, it CAN be mistaken for a call to violence, and when coupled with his prior anti-white racism, is a dog whistle.

If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,
              "There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops — when the armed forces of the state — can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. I’m living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But I’m not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because we’d lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."
              Never intended it to be about his call to violence. Just noting the possibility that someone unstable CAN take it that way.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                I never have nor will I ever encourage physical violence as a legitimate part of democracy.
                American Revolution.

Comment

American Revolution.
                  We were under a monarchy then.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    We were under a monarchy then.
                    Fighting for democracy. From what I'm told, it got bloody.

Comment

Some people did something...
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

We were fighting for democracy?
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

We were fighting for democracy?
                          We were fighting for FREEDOM so we could HAVE democracy.

Comment

We were fighting for FREEDOM so we could HAVE democracy.
                            We wanted democracy?

sigpic

Comment

We wanted democracy?
                              I repent that I ever said anything. Besides, I wasn't there, and neither were you.

Comment

I repent that I ever said anything. Besides, I wasn't there, and neither were you.
                                We were fighting for representative rule - which is not the same as using violence to "promote" what we want to be represented (which seems rather to be the antithesis of representative rule).

sigpic

Comment