Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MSNBC Guest Advises: 'Destroy' Most Whites Over Their Supporting Trump

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    SCA knights wear spurs! It was a thing with medieval knights.

Also, depends on the horse. I used to ride at a rental place that had Chester - the universe's slowest horse. The only horse I EVER rode that would not keep up with the other horses riding in a group. Literally, he'd let them go off and leave us. Didn't matter, he knew the way but I was taught that only one of us was in charge - and it wasn't supposed to be him. Result was I'd wear myself out kicking his butt just to keep him walking fast enough to keep up with horses that weren't walking all that fast! Dang near killed myself the one and only time I managed to get him to trot...

Only horse I ever wanted spurs for! Not sure it would have helped...
    Yeah, I don't see spurs nearly as much as I used to. Been a while sicne I ran into a knight.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

2. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP? If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,

"There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops when the armed forces of the state can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. Im living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But Im not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because wed lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."
    He's not saying, "We shouldn't be violent because it's wrong," he's saying, "We shouldn't be violent because we'll lose." Presumably he wouldn't have a problem with it if he thought they could win.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Correct, I don't know his history. I was going by the linked video. I'm assuming just almost no one else commenting in this thread knew his history. Did you?

Is this supposed to be a counter-point to my opinion that he was not referring to physically beating people up in the OP? If so, can you maybe quote the bit in the article where you believer he's promoting violence? I skimmed it, and he seems to be saying the opposite of that,

"There is no justice for black people. And yet violently revolting against the system will get us nowhere. ... Jury nullification at least has the benefit of being non-violent. Understand, when cops when the armed forces of the state can shoot me for no reason and get away with it, I am no longer living in a civil society. Im living in the state of nature, and I have a natural right to defend myself by any means necessary. But Im not here advocating a violent response to systematic injustice (because wed lose). Violence has a tendency to be indiscriminate, anyway."
    I agree. All the linked article does is demonstrate that the guest feels particularly strong about the issue. This seems to be a strange hill to die on.
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

5. Amen Cow Poke, Adrift amen'd this post.