Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Six Officers Shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Officers Shot...

On going gun battle, two officers trapped in house with shooter(s).

At Least 6 Philadelphia Police Officers Shot During Gun Battle In Nicetown-Tioga Section

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...officials-say/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

A warrant was being served. It figures. The other times I hear of gunfights like this, it usually follows the serving of a warrants. Makes me wonder why they don't check for weapons on site first...?

Awaiting more details. And praying for all involved.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Apparently injuries to the police officers were not life threatening.

CBS Philadelphia has a good live stream of the location.

Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-14-2019, 06:48 PM.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        A warrant was being served. It figures. The other times I hear of gunfights like this, it usually follows the serving of a warrants. Makes me wonder why they don't check for weapons on site first...?

Awaiting more details. And praying for all involved.
        Well yes, “thoughts and prayers” seem to be the only response to the endemic gun violence in the US.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Well yes, “thoughts and prayers” seem to be the only response to the endemic gun violence in the US.
          Better than gun confiscation.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Criticizing "thoughts and prayers" seems to be the new mantra of the gun grabbers.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              Apparently injuries to the police officers were not life threatening.

CBS Philadelphia has a good live stream of the location.

Excellent!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Thoughts and prayers" is a natural reaction expressing empathy for the victims of something like this. Objecting to "thoughts and prayers" is tantamount to objecting to expressions of empathy after a tragedy.

#empathyisbad
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  "Thoughts and prayers" is a natural reaction expressing empathy for the victims of something like this. Objecting to "thoughts and prayers" is tantamount to objecting to expressions of empathy after a tragedy.

#empathyisbad
                  They haven't figured that out yet. It's kinda like the disparaging comments by Obama about "clinging on to their guns and religion".

Comment

As if criminals like this care about gun laws.

Comment

This is indeed deplorable...

Bystanders taunted and laughed as police officers were being fired upon in Philadelphia

A reporter at the scene of an attack on police officers said that bystanders were mocking and taunting police even as bullets rained down upon them.

A video shows a crowd of residents shoving and confronting the police even as they were dealing with a tense hostage situation.

It was circulated online among many supporters of law enforcement who expressed outrage at their treatment.

Even as six police officers were being treated for injuries by a man barricaded inside a home, the neighborhood residents expressed hostility and antagonism against the police.

Reporter Alexandria Hoff of CBS-3 Philadelphia reported that she had been harassed along with the officers.

"I mentioned this at 10 and since I was harassed during that live shot, I'll mention it here too," Hoff tweeted.

"A major moment of disappointment this evening was watching a crowd of people taunt police officers, laughing and yelling at them in the midst of the gunfire," she added.

Video:
                      https://twitter.com/i/status/1161796579587764224

Comment

And Hizzonner is already blaming the NRA.
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          This is indeed deplorable...

Bystanders taunted and laughed as police officers were being fired upon in Philadelphia.
                          WE are so screwed...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            WE are so screwed...
                            The police should just wall off those neighborhoods and let chaos reign. Like that movie "Escape from New York." Put one way gates on the wall, so anyone who hates police is free to enter but not leave.

"You don't like us? Fine, have it your way."

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              The police should just wall off those neighborhoods and let chaos reign. Like that movie "Escape from New York." Put one way gates on the wall, so anyone who hates police is free to enter but not leave.

"You don't like us? Fine, have it your way."
                              There are too many decent people left in those neighborhood who don't have the means to move.

Comment