Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Six Officers Shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    There are too many decent people left in those neighborhood who don't have the means to move.
    OK, fine. We help the people who want to leave to leave and we give them the homes of the haters who hate police who we put into the Zone. We tell them the Zone is a Sanctuary city where they can be safe from Police.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      OK, fine. We help the people who want to leave to leave and we give them the homes of the haters who hate police who we put into the Zone. We tell them the Zone is a Sanctuary city where they can be safe from Police.
      That would work - Ferguson effect on steroids...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That would work - Ferguson effect on steroids...
        Maybe we should put them on an island. With a lot of sharks around it.

Comment

Maybe we should put them on an island. With a lot of sharks around it.
          Oh wait. That's kinda like what the British did with their criminals when they sent them to Australia, isn't it? Dang Aussies!!!

Comment

Oh wait. That's kinda like what the British did with their criminals when they sent them to Australia, isn't it? Dang Aussies!!!
            So Tass' grandpa was a criminal? That explains a lot...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Yep. They are all a bunch of convicts!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convicts_in_Australia

We need to do the same. But maybe in Antarctica.

Comment

Yep. They are all a bunch of convicts!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convicts_in_Australia

We need to do the same. But maybe in Antarctica.
                There were also guards and those running the government.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  There were also guards and those running the government.
                  Like I said, they were all criminals!

Comment

Like I said, they were all criminals!

I made the distinction since I dated an Aussie in the mid 80s who took great offense when someone implied that her ancestors were convicts.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I made the distinction since I dated an Aussie in the mid 80s who took great offense when someone implied that her ancestors were convicts.
                      Well all of our American ancestors were criminals too, to the British.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Well yes, “thoughts and prayers” seem to be the only response to the endemic gun violence in the US.
                        Well, let's not forget that it was already illegal for him to possess firearms. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...?noredirect=on

He was previously convicted on federal firearms charges (the majority of these offences are felonies, and in most circumstances felons cannot posses firearms). Additionally it is illegal to possess a firearm if one is a habitual controlled substance user...and also illegal to possess a firearm to aid in the distribution of controlled substances (both of those are federal laws). And they were serving a narcotics warrant. So the multiple federal gun laws in place didn't stop him from possessing firearms or doing this.
                        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                          Well, let's not forget that it was already illegal for him to possess firearms. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...?noredirect=on

He was previously convicted on federal firearms charges (the majority of these offences are felonies, and in most circumstances felons cannot posses firearms). Additionally it is illegal to possess a firearm if one is a habitual controlled substance user...and also illegal to possess a firearm to aid in the distribution of controlled substances (both of those are federal laws). And they were serving a narcotics warrant. So the multiple federal gun laws in place didn't stop him from possessing firearms or doing this.
                          So let's make even MORE gun laws people like him can ignore!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually my grandfather was German (Schleswig-Holstein) and my great-grandmother was from Cornwall. But that aside, Britain had been shipping convicts to America in their thousands before they started sending them to Australia.
                            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              Actually my grandfather was German (Schleswig-Holstein) and my great-grandmother was from Cornwall. But that aside, Britain had been shipping convicts to America in their thousands before they started sending them to Australia.
                              So your grandfather was a Nazi? That's better?

Comment

Well all of our American ancestors were criminals too, to the British.
                                And the state I live in had a whole bunch of convicts who were sentenced to transportation there in its early days.

Comment