Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nero Became Demon Possessed After Paul's Testimony?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I'll just put the obligatory clip.

Fundy atheists sure remind me of a Chronicles of Narnia villain!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      And I'll just put the obligatory clip.
      ...an obligatory CS Lewis clip from another fairy tale.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        You mean like Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense? He knew dead people too.
        No, not dead people, but a risen Lord.

Tassy, if you have anything to contribute on topic, please feel free - otherwise, take your anti-Christian bigotry elsewhere.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You’re avoiding the issue with your personal abuse, as you tend to do, and so is CP.
          Tassman, you made ONE Post - Post #55 - that could be considered "on topic".

You then made 14 additional posts that had nothing to do with Nero, or anything on topic, but were your standard anti-Christian bigot jackassery.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
            You heard it here first folks, the way to judge the winner of a debate is by looking at who's got the longer and more impressive CV.
            Especially when it's padded by including pop-level books he's written in areas outside his expertise.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I live in the town where Ehrman teaches, and I would only be exaggerating slightly if I said that half the books in the 200 section of the public library were authored by him.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]39944[/ATTACH].

When your conclusions are assumed as fact and set in adamantine, like they are here, interacting with you gets tiresome fast.
                Talk about ironic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Tassman, you made ONE Post - Post #55 - that could be considered "on topic".

You then made 14 additional posts that had nothing to do with Nero, or anything on topic, but were your standard anti-Christian bigot jackassery.
                  Just going with the flow, as were you.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Especially when it's padded by including pop-level books he's written in areas outside his expertise.
                    You're thinking of WL Craig wittering on about physics when he's unqualified to do so, he's a philosopher/theologian, whereas even Dr Ehrman's "pop-level" books are still within his area of expertise

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I live in the town where Ehrman teaches, and I would only be exaggerating slightly if I said that half the books in the 200 section of the public library were authored by him.
                      Severe sarcasm noted and possible cynicism toward Bart. I live nearby too and actually know him. He is a well respected scholar.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Just going with the flow, as were you.
                        Then stop your crybaby whining and blatant hypocrisy:

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        You’re avoiding the issue with your personal abuse, as you tend to do, and so is CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Weren't most of the Caesars insane?
                          Tiberius and Claudius have had a fairly bad press as well. The Julio-Claudians - IOW, Augustus to Nero inclusive - are the Caesars usually picked on as unstable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Chuck is suggesting that Nero had the Gospel presented to him in such a powerful way, but because he was all about "Nero is Emperor supreme", it only enraged him as he thought about it, and literally drove him mad. Possibly even demon possessed.
                            "Chuck" has a very vivid imagination!
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            The things that you're liable
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life
                            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment