Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Let's Buy Greenland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think they mentioned that global warming was making the riches of Greenland more accessible as the glaciers receded. If so, Denmark/Greenland will be one of the few nations to actually benefit from Climate Change. Maybe one day Denmark will be richer than the middle east.
    But be careful. They might place you on a remote island if you try to visit.
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

We thought he was nuts. He doubles down on his nuttiness.

US President Donald Trump has cancelled a state visit to Denmark after the nation's prime minister said Greenland was not for sale to the US.
      The president was scheduled to visit on 2 September, at the invitation of Denmark's Queen Margrethe II.
      Then last week Mr Trump suggested the US was interested in buying Greenland, an autonomous Danish territory.
      Danish PM Mette Frederiksen described the suggestion as "absurd" and said she hoped Mr Trump was not being serious.
      Announcing the cancellation of his visit, Mr Trump tweeted: "Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen's comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time...."
      A White House spokesman confirmed that the president's visit had been cancelled.
      The Danish royal house also confirmed it had been informed of the cancellation, the Danish Broadcasting Corporation, DR, reported.
      The house's head of communications, Lene Balleby, said the move was "a surprise".
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Yep. The problem here is the utter disrespect and contempt Trump has shown both Denmark and Greenland by how he has approached the idea.

Jom
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Um, if the glaciers recede won't Denmark be flooded?You know, rising oceans and being on a peninsula?
          they are already melting. the water would run into the sea and be spread all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            Well there goes my idea that he was mostly joking and then trolling when the MSM picked it up.

I have to admit this is one crazy idea on Trump's part.

I mean, why buy Greenland? He could just invade it.

Comment

Well there goes my idea that he was mostly joking and then trolling when the MSM picked it up.

I have to admit this is one crazy idea on Trump's part.

I mean, why buy Greenland? He could just invade it.
              The way he's approached it is not far from the equivalent in our age, which is why his received such a hostile reception to the idea.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                The way he's approached it is not far from the equivalent in our age, which is why his received such a hostile reception to the idea.
                Maybe he is wanting to do it as some sort of historic legacy. "Trump: The man who bought Greenland."

But it sounds dumb. The people there have no desire to become part of the USA. Denmark has no desire to sell. It doesn't really gain us anything to have it, and would probably actually cost us money to support. The mineral wealth it has is nearly impossible to access. The people don't even really speak much English, they speak Greenlandic and Danish.

Comment

Maybe he is wanting to do it as some sort of historic legacy. "Trump: The man who bought Greenland."

But it sounds dumb. The people there have no desire to become part of the USA. Denmark has no desire to sell. It doesn't really gain us anything to have it, and would probably actually cost us money to support. The mineral wealth it has is nearly impossible to access. The people don't even really speak much English, they speak Greenlandic and Danish.
                  I like Greenland's first response ... "Greenland is Open for Business - but Not for Sale".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    There's a plan for that. They're gonna take all those tins that hams and cookies come in, and slide them under Denmark, and float it up a little. A rising tide lifts all Denmark.
                    Denmark is actually rising slowly with the ocean. It was squeezed down during the last ice age.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Denmark is actually rising slowly with the ocean. It was squeezed down during the last ice age.
                      Well, there you have it!!! Problem solved!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        ICE has been repressing folks for a long, loooong time

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

greenland.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39240[/ATTACH]
                            Leif Erikson might have found America, but he lost it.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Leif Erikson might have found America, but he lost it.
                              He sounds like a long-haired hippy. Named after a tree. sheesh. No wonder they named it "Greenland"

bunch of snowflakes!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39240[/ATTACH]
                                That is great!

Jim

Comment