Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Sajak

Is he a good guy in real life?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Somebody on another forum I post on went on Wheel and said he was really nice off camera.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Never meet your heroes. When I was a kid we had a popular state wide children's show. The Ranger Andy show, which had a live audience. Well finally I went with my Cub scout group to be in the audience, a big thrill - what an SOB, he was mean, physical with booze on his breath. But when we went live he was all smiles! Maybe he was just having a bad day...
      Last edited by seer; 08-17-2019, 05:49 AM.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Never meet your heroes. When I was a kid we had a popular state wide children's show. The Ranger Andy show, which had a live audience. Well finally I went with my Cub scout group to be in the audience, a big thrill - what an SOB, he was mean, physical with booze on his breath. But when we went live he was all smiles! Maybe he was just having a bad day...
        I don't know, I always thought Gary Senise was a great guy, and I met him, and.... you know what? He really was amazingly calmly friendly and decent!

Also, Brian Kilmeade - met him at the Alamo doing a photo shoot - he came over and shot the breeze with us.

Oh, and the Dirty Jobs guy -- he is EXACTLY like he is on TV!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not sure. But I can tell you I met William Shatner once at a Comi Con. He was not that nice of a guy, and he wanted $75 for an autograph.

Comment

I've met a lot of pro baseball players and a very small number of them weren't as nice as can be. Tom Glavine, who is a friend of my brother's, went to talk to my niece's class back when she was still a young'un in Elementary school and gave all the kids autographed baseball cards -- and not just those in her class but the whole school.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Celebrities I have met:

Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman)- nice in person
              Jon Lovitz ("Master Thespian" Saturday Night live) - Jerk
              Terry Farrell (Dax on Star Trek: DS9) - Nice
              Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troy ST:TNG) - Nice (but only met her for a moment)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Celebrities I have met:

Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman)- nice in person
                Jon Lovitz ("Master Thespian" Saturday Night live) - Jerk
                Terry Farrell (Dax on Star Trek: DS9) - Nice
                Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troy ST:TNG) - Nice (but only met her for a moment)
                You've met me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by ReformedApologist View Post
                  Not sure. But I can tell you I met William Shatner once at a Comi Con. He was not that nice of a guy, and he wanted $75 for an autograph.
                  He just seems like such a... I don't know... wretched person sometimes.

Comment

I got a photo taken with Robert Englund of Freddy Kruger/Nightmare on Elm Street fame. Dude totally knew how to work a crowd. EXTREMELY charismatic, and as I awkwardly attempted to figure out how to pose with him and a pal of mine, he gave both of us friendly stage direction, and the photo came out great (I don't physically look that good in it, but that's not his fault). I got the sense he was performing, and so it might not be the same thing as meeting him in real life, but it seems like he really likes working the crowd.

Right before the Might Mighty Bosstones got somewhat popular, I made it onto their tour bus and played Nintendo with one of the band members.

Certain bands can be complete jerks or totally amazing. Michael Gira of the Swans shot me daggers when I asked for a poster behind him, not realizing that he didn't help sell his own posters, he only signed them. Dick Lucas of Subhumans and Ian MacKaye of Fugazi (popular bands in the underground punk scene) are extremely friendly. After playing really intense and long sets, they stuck around long after the show, and just mingled with the crowd, and tried to talk to as many people as they could. You can tell they just really love connecting with people, and are totally anti-big shot snobbery.
                    Last edited by Adrift; 08-19-2019, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      He just seems like such a... I don't know... wretched person sometimes.
                      I think it's impressive that he even bothers with cons anymore. Surely the guy doesn't need the money that badly, but it must be pretty easy gigs. I think he likes the attention, and knowing that people still want to see him. He's the type of actor who will probably work as long as he can breath just to know that people are admiring him still. Very vain, but it's probably part of what makes him such a unique actor. He's actually my favorite Star Trek actor I think, and I think his spats with Leonard Nimoy, if not justifiable, are at least somewhat understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        I think it's impressive that he even bothers with cons anymore. Surely the guy doesn't need the money that badly, but it must be pretty easy gigs. I think he likes the attention, and knowing that people still want to see him. He's the type of actor who will probably work as long as he can breath just to know that people are admiring him still. Very vain, but it's probably part of what makes him such a unique actor. He's actually my favorite Star Trek actor I think, and I think his spats with Leonard Nimoy, if not justifiable, are at least somewhat understandable.
                        I loved him in Star Trek - and I think even his "goofy parts" in the series were actually his 'good acting' - so maybe it crushed me when a friend of mine happened to be working on the set where Shatner was having Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz (American Pickers) gather all the stuff for Shatner's home. He said Shatner was a total jackass, even though Mike and Frank treated him like royalty. It all looked good on the episode, I watched it, but my friend said Mike would often look pretty 'taken back', and seemed to be trying to "go with the flow".

But that's all second hand from a friend in Nashville.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          You've met me.

and mossrose - I will let this speak for itself

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            and mossrose - I will let this speak for itself
                            coward

Comment

I wish somebody would fix that smiley so it doesn't flash black and stuff.

It's quite annoying. And makes me want to smack someone.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment