Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Rugged?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is extremely frustrating. I asked if anybody here had heard of this and everybody is getting hung up on the fact that an article I used to illustrate context happened to mention the SPLC. It's like when somebody writes a very long post, happens to mention Wikipedia once, and the only reply is "hurr durr anybody can edit Wikipedia" and ignores the entire rest of the post.

Just ignore the part of the article that mentions SPLC if it makes you feel better.
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

2. Amen NorrinRadd, Raphael amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    This is extremely frustrating. I asked if anybody here had heard of this and everybody is getting hung up on the fact that an article I used to illustrate context happened to mention the SPLC. It's like when somebody writes a very long post, happens to mention Wikipedia once, and the only reply is "hurr durr anybody can edit Wikipedia" and ignores the entire rest of the post.

Just ignore the part of the article that mentions SPLC if it makes you feel better.
    I could not have been any more honest in my post #2.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

What part of 'I don't know' doesn't answer your question? I don't know and I have reason to question the article (question, not doubt). What research I did online didn't turn up anything useful - just another cookie cutter article and a downed FB page.

Maybe they're insurrectionists - maybe they are taking the whole Armor of God thing and paintball guns and running with it. Using the more militaristic language of the Bible has been used to better appeal to men - who for some weird reason aren't interested in whether or not the parlor needs new doilies - but without actually being heretical. I don't have enough to work from and I do have reason to question the article.

Sheesh...

5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

You have a point so I took another look at the article. It's obviously very biased against whatever Team Rugged is. Assuming that the positions of the group are represented accurately, I agree with a previous post about theological flags going up. It's not a group I would get involved with.

To answer your original question, I never heard of them. However I live across the country from Seattle so it's not very likely I would have.

For me, an article like this raises the question on how should a Christian respond when the society around him turns hostile. While the guy in the article doesn't have the correct answer, I'm not sure what the correct response is.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

7. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I block ads, so I am unable to read the actual article. I can only comment on what I can find via other sources, which is not much.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Every now, also then, article on fake problem, not real problem.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I asked a Facebook friend who lives in the Pacific NW. She's never heard of the group. She pointed me to this article in the Spokane Spokesman-Review. It does cite the SPLC, but only in regard to one specific point about "Pastor Weaver," AFAICT. The article's embedded link to an off-site article about Weaver shows him to be unambiguously loony. It too cites the SPLC, but again, only on one item of looniness.

IMO, it's becoming more likely that the group is a bunch of wackadoodles.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Like relic of hundred years old.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    The article's embedded link to an off-site article about Weaver shows him to be unambiguously loony. It too cites the SPLC, but again, only on one item of looniness.

Be fair, this must be what he learnt as child. Normal 50 years ago.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I found this video of Shea and Team Rugged.

https://www.facebook.com/mattsheawa/...3318946874340/

15. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.