Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Why put up with the Royals?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    It baffles me when people here in the U.S. are all gaga and googly-eyed over the royals. We fought a revolution to get shed of those freakin' inbred clowns!
    The same reason Latin America gets googly eyed about the Spanish royal family...historical ties.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Yes. Clear violation of Romans 13.
    Thank God for rebels!
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It also baffles me when people today think it a wise idea to closely model a physical nation on OT Israel. There is no longer any physical nation that comprises "the people of God," and we should not lament that fact. As someone with Pentecostal-Charismatic, Arminian, and Egalitarian beliefs, I can just imagine what life would be like under a John MacArthur monarchy!
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    If God's preferred mode of operation is monarchy, why shouldn't we follow His good example? Why would democracy be better than a monarchy even here on earth?
    demi curious, is this actually position of yours?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It baffles me when people here in the U.S. are all gaga and googly-eyed over the royals. We fought a revolution to get shed of those freakin' inbred clowns!
    Lots of people during revolution monarchists, few rebelled. demi thinks lots still are, at heart.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    The monarch is the head of state. She is on the money. One might serve a sentence in prison ‘at Her Majesty’s pleasure’. Your Boy Scout oath is about your duty to the Queen or King. It is a very important role and it represents unity and continuity. Politicians come and go, the Queen and her Royal family do not.

God save the Queen.
    Conservative firstfloor

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thank God for rebels!
    Foolish. Rebel against will of God, then punishment.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    demi curious, is this actually position of yours?
    I think we all crave the rule of a righteous King, it is a vestige of the image of God in us.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

10. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Do we know that? I know Scripture says they "neither marry nor are given in marriage." I don't recall anything about whether they have sex.
    It seems fairly evident to me that Scripture tends to reserve licit sex for marriage.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

12. Amen Teallaura, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    I think we all crave the rule of a righteous King, it is a vestige of the image of God in us.
    Except isn't a human king usurping God? After all in God's Kingdom, HE is King, not some human being. So I would argue that setting up a human kingdom is in opposition to God. Which is why God didn't want the Israelites to have a kind. HE was their king.

14. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.