Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On The Hunting of the Job

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Seriously, sometimes I'm sitting there with 2 or 3 "finalists" on my desk, pretty much equal in qualification and presentation, and I'm looking for "that one thing" that pushes me to one over the other(s).

ATTITIDE is a huge part of that -- if I get somebody who seems to think that asking me for the job is not important, I'm inclined to think they're not going to be very proactive in the performance of the job. If I have 3 resumes, and one of them has a thank you card on it, or a note from my secretary that this person called asking about the job, that might be the deciding factor.
    I think my references gave me the 'extra' edge. They apparently called one of mine after I left, the son of one of my former bosses. He and I have been friends ever since I worked for his dad 30 years ago. I still do some side work for him (the son) - he apparently talked me up pretty good and they called me up on my way home from the interview and offered me the job.

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I think my references gave me the 'extra' edge. They apparently called one of mine after I left, the son of one of my former bosses. He and I have been friends ever since I worked for his dad 30 years ago. I still do some side work for him (the son) - he apparently talked me up pretty good and they called me up on my way home from the interview and offered me the job.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.