Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Behind the Curve - Flat Earthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I get the feeling the flat earth people wouldn't believe the Earth was a sphere even if an angel or Jesus somehow gave them a view of the planet from space and went around it.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
      Why do I get the feeling the flat earth people wouldn't believe the Earth was a sphere even if an angel or Jesus somehow gave them a view of the planet from space and went around it.
      They wouldn't need that. Just someone to take them up in a rocket. But then when they came back and believed, everyone else would claim they were brainwashed by NASA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        They wouldn't need that. Just someone to take them up in a rocket. But then when they came back and believed, everyone else would claim they were brainwashed by NASA.
        Well, powerful entities can't have been brainwashed by NASA! But then the other loonies would just claim it was an EVIL powerful entity.

Comment

They did another experiment that proved the earth was round:
          =======
          But at the very end of Behind the Curve, Campanella comes up with a similar experiment, this time involving a light instead of a laser. With two holes cut into styrofoam sheets at the same height, Campanella hopes to demonstrate that a light shone through the first hole will appear on a camera behind the second hole, indicating that a light, set at the same height as the holes, travelled straight across the surface of the Flat Earth. But if the light needs to be raised to a different height than the holes, it would indicate a curvature, invalidating the Flat Earth.

Campanella watches when the light is activated at the same height as the holes, but the light can't be seen on the camera screen. "Lift up your light, way above your head," Campanella says. With the compensation made for the curvature of the Earth, the light immediately appears on the camera. "Interesting," Campanella says. "That's interesting." The documentary ends.
          https://www.newsweek.com/behind-curv...-movie-1343362

Comment

How do those fools explain time zones? If the Earth was flat, the whole surface would be light or dark!

Comment

How do those fools explain time zones? If the Earth was flat, the whole surface would be light or dark!
              Haven't you ever seen the light travel across the glass screen when you're making copies?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Haven't you ever seen the light travel across the glass screen when you're making copies?
                The Sun is not a laser....

Comment

The Sun is not a laser....
                  oh

(and neither are the copier lights)
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They believe it works more like a spotlight.

But how do they explain the fact that if the Earth was flat you should still be able to see the Sun when it is on the other side of the world? How does the sun set on a flat earth?

Comment

There's a guy I work with who thinks the earth is flat because of the Bible verse about the pillars of the earth. Nice enough guy. He's just wrong on this one.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        There's a guy I work with who thinks the earth is flat because of the Bible verse about the pillars of the earth. Nice enough guy. He's just wrong on this one.
                        I don't know anybody who thinks the earth is flat. You are SO blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          I don't know anybody who thinks the earth is flat. You are SO blessed!
                          I know four
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            It was mind control or a hallucination or a clever hoax done with video projections and the like.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              It was mind control or a hallucination or a clever hoax done with video projections and the like.
                              Seems like if they really wanted to know they would try to sail around Antarctica. The distance around it would be a lot greater on a flat earth than on a globe. And you could also reach Antarctica by sailing straight west from California according to their map:

But nothing will convince them. they will always come up with some explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                I know four
                                I only know one. Also, one of my bosses thinks the moon landing was a hoax, if that counts.
                                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment