Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The irony of the New York Times’ 1619 Project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    That’s funny coming from the same person that spends his days questioning people’s Christianity that dare to disagree with him about Trump. Do you want to be the pot or the kettle in this little exercise? I simply pointed out observed facts that one of the reasons Trump is president is because of liberal self delusion. Take your comment above, you’d think that somebody that spent time arguing about blacks having different experience would know that we could live in the same city and have two totally different views, based upon factors like age, sex, income, race, political views, etc. The thing is with liberal dominance of the media, it’s real easy to assume that, if you have a liberal outlook, that everyone else agrees or at least is the dominate view. That’s why Trump is likely to win in 2020 and you creating strawman to debate is among those reasons.

Evil, no. Filled with self delusion. Yes.
    You are just a delight to talk to ...

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      You are just a delight to talk to ...

Jim
      Maybe you should stop making false accusations.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Said like an 8 year old that doesn't want his party spoiled ....
        I'm sure Chuck will take time out of his busy schedule to scold you for using the ad hominem fallacy.

Look, man, even your cherry picked story from a biased source indicates that support for Trump among blacks is at least greater than zero, so the fact that you personally don't know any proves nothing and gets a shrug from me.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I'm sure Chuck will take time out of his busy schedule to scold you for using the ad hominem fallacy.

Look, man, even your cherry picked story from a biased source indicates that support for Trump among blacks is at least greater than zero, so the fact that you personally don't know any proves nothing and gets a shrug from me.
          MM, what you are doing here is just plain and simple picking a fight. I made an observation. It is true. And it is representative of the extremely low support Trump gets in the black community where I live. That is the meaning it has. There is, again, no need for you to be such a jerk about it.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Maybe you should stop making false accusations.
            I haven't made any false accusations, so I guess you dont have a leg to stand on.

Jim

Comment

I haven't made any false accusations, so I guess you dont have a leg to stand on.

Jim
              You fill in the blinks of your opponents motivations, which almost are always nefarious, and pretend that is an accurate representation of what your opponents believe. Most media talking heads are not evil, but they lie to themselves and convince themselves of their own lies. A classic case of confirmation bias magnified by the bubble they live in. That’s why you and the rest of your liberal buddies seem to like the Russian conspiracy theories. They tell you what you want to believe vs the cold truth that Clinton lost because of her own undoing.

See, no mustache twirling villain needed, simply good confirmation bias and inability to know what happens beyond your own circle. Try to get what I believe right next time because yeah, you made a false accusation.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You fill in the blinks of your opponents motivations, which almost are always nefarious, and pretend that is an accurate representation of what your opponents believe. Most media talking heads are not evil, but they lie to themselves and convince themselves of their own lies. A classic case of confirmation bias magnified by the bubble they live in. That’s why you and the rest of your liberal buddies seem to like the Russian conspiracy theories. They tell you what you want to believe vs the cold truth that Clinton lost because of her own undoing.

See, no mustache twirling villain needed, simply good confirmation bias and inability to know what happens beyond your own circle. Try to get what I believe right next time because yeah, you made a false accusation.
                I'm amazed you don't understand you are simply describing yourself. There is a name for that ...

Comment

I'm amazed you don't understand you are simply describing yourself. There is a name for that ...
                  “I know what you are, but what am I!!!”

Third graders around the world applaud your defense. Now perhaps you can quote where I called anyone evil... of course you won’t because you can’t. TDS has truly caused your mind to unravel...
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

“I know what you are, but what am I!!!”

Third graders around the world applaud your defense. Now perhaps you can quote where I called anyone evil... of course you won’t because you can’t. TDS has truly caused your mind to unravel...
                    You said most media talking heads aren't evil. That would mean that you believe that at least some are evil. Can you name them?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      You said most media talking heads aren't evil. That would mean that you believe that at least some are evil. Can you name them?
                      I say ‘most’ to leave that maybe a possibility. I simply hold to the idea that incompetence and stupidity are far more common reasons than evil.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Everything I've seen suggests that Trump's popularity with minorities is above average for a Republican.
                        [Cite=cnn]"I'm just sick and tired of the way blacks and other people of color have been treated by this administration and by the GOP," Cheadle told CNN's Erin Burnett on Thursday on "Erin Burnett OutFront." He said he has been frustrated with Trump's rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in his administration and judicial appointments.[/cnn]

Gregory Cheadle, once Trump supporter, now leaving the GOP, because of Trump and who he is:

Source: cnn

Gregory Cheadle, of California, told "PBS NewsHour" he believes the Republican Party is pursuing a "pro-white" agenda and using black people like him as "political pawns."

© Copyright Original Source

Jim

Comment

[Cite=cnn]"I'm just sick and tired of the way blacks and other people of color have been treated by this administration and by the GOP," Cheadle told CNN's Erin Burnett on Thursday on "Erin Burnett OutFront." He said he has been frustrated with Trump's rhetoric on race and the lack of diversity in his administration and judicial appointments.[/cnn]

Gregory Cheadle, once Trump supporter, now leaving the GOP, because of Trump and who he is:

Gregory Cheadle, of California, told "PBS NewsHour" he believes the Republican Party is pursuing a "pro-white" agenda and using black people like him as "political pawns."

Jim
                          What is a pro-white agenda? What is Trump doing for whites that is different for other races?
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

MM, what you are doing here is just plain and simple picking a fight. I made an observation. It is true. And it is representative of the extremely low support Trump gets in the black community where I live. That is the meaning it has. There is, again, no need for you to be such a jerk about it.

Jim
                            Oh, don't give me the wounded puppy routine. First, you made your "observation" in order to counter certain claims about Trump's support among minorities. And secondly, you're the one who delivered a straight up insult without even bothering to put it in the context of a substantive rebuttal. So if anybody is trying to pick a fight here, it's you.

Comment

Jim
                              Okay. That's one guy's opinion. And...?

Comment

Okay. That's one guy's opinion. And...?
                                It’s just Jim trying to find a comforting lie to make him feel better vs the cold, hard truth. Trump is likely going to win in 2020 because liberals choose to pick comforting lies that Trump won through cheating, racism, etc vs convincing enough people to vote for him. This disconnect is causing them to fail to see that their leftward shift away from the more moderate left is hurting them with voters in the center left/right and this can cost them big in 2020 not just with the presidency, but across the board. The fact he finds yet another ‘Orange man bad!!!!’ story says what path he has chosen to accept.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment