Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Cancels Denmark Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I like Trump's comment about how foreign leaders can no longer get away with disrespecting the US like they did when Obama was president.
    Trump is the one who started the thing. You dont announce a desire to buy an independent territory of another country on Twitter and call that 'respect'. He got exactly the response he deserved. And it is Donald Trump that is disrespecting the office of the President by turning it into a both bully platform and an object of ridicule.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      And perhaps one with a bit of diplomatic acumen, a slightly thicker skin, and some form of moral compass that is recognizable to the rest of us?

I suspect a LOT of people will be taking the past four years into consideration when they pull that lever, check that box, push that button, or punch that chad on November 3rd, 2020. And it appears Trump is about to get a third primary challenge. Walsh was initially a Trump supporter, but now has some serious words about the future of the GOP with Trump at the helm. Frankly, I don't think he will do any better than Weld. Neither will Flake, Kasich, or Sanford - if they run. Trump simply has too strong an approval rating among Republicans (a fact that continues to amaze/dismay me). If any of these five men truly want to put an end to the Trump presidency, they will eschew the primary and run as an independent in the general election. The resulting split of the Republican vote would sink Trump. But they would have to do this knowing their action would put a Democrat in the White House. That would mean they would have to so see Trump as a threat to our country and institutions that they would be willing to act to ensure that result, ending their career within the Republican party. I don't know if any of the five of them have that kind of commitment.
      The republican approval rating dismays a lot of people, including a large number of republicans who I predict will vote against him next fall, and who will vote for any potential primary contenders just to make the point.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-22-2019, 09:11 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

This is what your posts look like...

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Orange man bad! Orange man bad!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Denmark isn't a powerful ally - it just isn't. Rather than a gracious 'no, thanks' their PM decided to get snarky. No, he shouldn't have put up with that. There was no call for her to do that in the first place and in the second, whether she likes the guy or not, he is President of the United States and he didn't do anything wrong in simply asking.
          He's a narcisistic snowflake, Tea. She was answering a journalist question, not talking to Trump. Saying the idea is absurd is not a personal attack on Trump, and even if he felt it was a personal attack, he reacted to it like a child, not like the President of the U.S.
          It may be that Trump was looking for an excuse to back out, being afraid of the contrast between his state visit to Denmark and Obama's upcoming visit to Denmark in September
          Last edited by JimL; 08-22-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

The republican approval rating dismays a lot of people, including a large number of republicans who I predict will vote against him next fall, and who will vote for any potential primary contenders just to make the point.

Jim
            To the extent that polls can be believed, Trump is currently polling better than any of the current crop of presidential hopefuls on the Democrat side.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...at-candidates/

Comment

Denmark should say they are interested in buying Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Denmark should say they are interested in buying Hawaii.
                And I'm sure if Trump commented on the absudity of that idea, you'd all defend him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  And I'm sure if Trump commented on the absudity of that idea, you'd all defend him.

Have you seen me defending Trump on the Greenland idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    This is what your posts look like...

At this point, "bad" may be putting things too delicately.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Jim
                      Perhaps. Personally, I think the Republican party has become the "Trump party" and is now little better than a personality cult. I don't know that it will ever come back from that. I said, when he was elected, that we would likely need to experience a great deal of pain before people "wake up" to what they put in office. Now I am of the opinion that there is nothing that will "wake up" Trump's base. And I think, long term, it will be the Republican party that will most feel the pain of that 2016 choice, and all of the choices since.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man

Trump my love, my sweet, do not let the bad people get you down ... for you ARE the chosen one!
                        and this is what your posts look like

Jim
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-22-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          I think the Republican party has become the "Trump party" and is now little better than a personality cult. I don't know that it will ever come back from that.
                          Similar to how the Democrats became "The Obama Party" and has never recovered?

Comment

and this is what your posts look like

Jim
                            This explains much. about you, at any rate
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              This explains much. about you, at any rate
                              (original color == white)

approximate mental age = 12

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-22-2019, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                He's a narcisistic snowflake, Tea. She was answering a journalist question, not talking to Trump. Saying the idea is absurd is not a personal attack on Trump, and even if he felt it was a personal attack, he reacted to it like a child, not like the President of the U.S.
                                It may be that Trump was looking for an excuse to back out, being afraid of the contrast between his state visit to Denmark and Obama's upcoming visit to Denmark in September
                                She made a public - and snarky - retort to the mere report of an inquiry. Being irked doesn't make Trump a snowflake - his twitter account disproves that - and even if it did, he still shouldn't out up with crap like that.

Only Democrats will even care - and half of them are trashing Obama.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment