Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Eddy Fukano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddy Fukano

He was a country musician originally from Japan. I am trying to find information about him - newspaper articles et cetera that I can get the citation from. Thus far, I keep finding references to things like Billboard but not the article itself. I've seen a number of newspaper and magazine article snippets on Facebook but no idea which publication they are from.

Ideas? Help?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

What exactly are you trying to find out?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      What exactly are you trying to find out?
      Stuff for a bio - I know he first performed in the US in Honolulu but don't have a date (probably 1967). One source claimed he had a hit in 1963 but I can't find anything stateside before 1968 (he had a career in Japan/Asia as a country singer before coming to the US - near as I can tell starting sometime in 1960). I can only find one album - Eastside West - but I've seen pictures of another cover - couldn't tell if it was an album or a single, but the title didn't appear as one of his singles. He definitely had at least one appearance on Hee Haw (1969, Ep 6 - he out-yodels the heck out of Roy Clark!) and sings two songs he'd released as singles (before or after, no idea). His obituary states he had a sixty year career but I'm having trouble finding stuff after Hee Haw - allusions and second hand accounts to more of a performing career but I can't nail anything else down until late in his life when he was performing around Seattle. IMDb calls him an actor and there are mentions of later appearances in articles that I can't determine the bib for. I did find a mention of his net worth - if true, he either became a businessman and made a killing or he had more of a career than is readily documented.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Would this be him?

https://cascadememorial.com/obituary...ideaki-Fukano/

https://napost.com/tribute-eddy-fuka...ing-in-heaven/

He used to play with Buck Owens.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          https://www.facebook.com/pg/EddyFukanoOfficial/posts/ has some info as well and in a piece about Paul Kollman - Drummer it says that "Among his many collaborators was Eddy Fukano, a Seattle music teacher, mentor and friend who played guitar on the show Hee-Haw and had a Billboard chart-topping song in 1963. Paul and Eddy played in house bands together in Washington, Nevada and Hawaii." The 1963 part sounds early compared to what some of the other sources say.

Here are a couple videos of him. They aren't any help wrt information but figured you might enjoy them

Both appear to be from Hee Haw

ETA: Another potential source: http://aaronyakovetz.com/index.php?o...ideo&Itemid=41

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aacc.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              That's him.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                That's him.
                I was on a Continental Airlines flight years ago, and he was on the plane, but I had no idea who he was. There were people around him making a fuss, and obviously prodding him to do "something", I wasn't sure what, and he finally stood up, the stewardess handed him his guitar case, and at 32,000 feet, he began pickin' and singing.

I kept looking at him --- a Japanese feller --- playing COUNTRY MUSIC. When I told my brother about it later, he quipped, "well, he's just from a different COUNTRY, is all".

I still didn't know who he was until we landed, and he hung around and gave autographs. Pretty sure that was back in his Hee Haw Buck Owens days.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  https://www.facebook.com/pg/EddyFukanoOfficial/posts/ has some info as well and in a piece about Paul Kollman - Drummer it says that "Among his many collaborators was Eddy Fukano, a Seattle music teacher, mentor and friend who played guitar on the show Hee-Haw and had a Billboard chart-topping song in 1963. Paul and Eddy played in house bands together in Washington, Nevada and Hawaii." The 1963 part sounds early compared to what some of the other sources say.

Here are a couple videos of him. They aren't any help wrt information but figured you might enjoy them

Both appear to be from Hee Haw

ETA: Another potential source: http://aaronyakovetz.com/index.php?o...ideo&Itemid=41
                  Thanks! That got me to a second article I hadn't noticed before!

Yeah, those are from the 1969 Hee Haw appearance.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Thanks! That got me to a second article I hadn't noticed before!

Yeah, those are from the 1969 Hee Haw appearance.
                    I wanna say he also was a master on the fiddle, but I'm guessing that's another Japanese man.

ETA: YES!!!!! Shoji Tabuchi Show

fiddle.jpg

Comment

Listen to the Columbus Stockade Blues Rogue linked - man, could he yodel!

Now you're finding me more things to be interested in...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment