Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Strange Pet Quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Dogs sound like they do dumb things.

None of our cats ever behaved in those ways.
    How bored you must have been.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
      Cats can be quite entertaining. Catnip.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Cats can be quite entertaining. Catnip.
        So you're saying that you have to drug them or they're boring?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
          Cats are incredibly entertaining, and their lives add a great deal of peace and calm to their people's lives. There is nothing like having a cat purring in your lap and being able to stroke it for attaining a great sense of peace.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Living in denial.
            Yes. I definitely am a murder-planning cat denier.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Cats are incredibly entertaining, and their lives add a great deal of peace and calm to their people's lives. There is nothing like having a cat purring in your lap and being able to stroke it for attaining a great sense of peace.
              The trouble (for me) is getting them there.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                The trouble (for me) is getting them there.
                Onto your lap?

First step is to sit down. Then start working on your computer, or, better yet, reading the newspaper or a magazine.

Soon the cat will realize that you are not paying any attention to it and it will come and pester you until you stop what you are doing and start giving it an ear massage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Do you ever watch Cesar Millan on Dog Whisperer (or whatever that show is)?

I like how he explains, when encountering a dog for the first time, "No touch, no talk, no eye contact is the best and only advice I give for meeting a strange dog. Ignore the dog and let it come to you to get your scent and sense your energy — to the dog, those two things are your “name.” Then, let the dog decide. If it walks away, then it's not interested".

Of course, if the dog chews your leg off, then he obviously IS interested.
                  That's basically what I do. I sit on the ground so I'm less threatening, I face away, I have my hand on the ground away from my body so doggie can sniff from more of a "safe distance."
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    So you're saying that you have to drug them or they're boring?
                    Nah. I've never given my cats catnip, and frequently been entertained.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I had a dog who would chew on rocks, even when he had toys for that.

Comment

Onto your lap?

First step is to sit down. Then start working on your computer, or, better yet, reading the newspaper or a magazine.

Soon the cat will realize that you are not paying any attention to it and it will come and pester you until you stop what you are doing and start giving it an ear massage.

With people they know, yes. Strangers, not so much. It really depends on the cat, though. The cat I have now is quite demanding of attention. The other cat I had was happy being a few feet away, and rarely approached for attention.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          With people they know, yes. Strangers, not so much. It really depends on the cat, though. The cat I have now is quite demanding of attention. The other cat I had was happy being a few feet away, and rarely approached for attention.
                          Well, I was assuming that the cat was wanting an ear massage from it's person. But, yes, strangers are another story to most cats.

Comment

Right up to the point it decides that it's had enough and sinks its claws in you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Right up to the point it decides that it's had enough and sinks its claws in you.
                              Not in my experience.

sigpic

Comment

Remember, in the Bible, it's the DEVIL who walks around like a roaring CAT seeking whom he may devour!!!! And it's the dogs who lick the sores of Lazarus....

(I sure hope nobody takes the time to look up the other 26 verses about dogs)
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X