Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Strange Pet Quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And the response?
    Jake ID head only.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]39198[/ATTACH]
      So you got your answer then.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        So you got your answer then.
        In spades.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In spades.

The answer Jake gave was "unconditional love."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

if you could talk.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Jake can jump nearly to my chin level --- straight up, which he does when he thinks he is getting a treat. (he's a schnauzer so that's pretty high) but he won't jump up on the bed. He doesn't think he can make it.

And I finally taught him how to go up and down the 4 steps on the deck, but he won't go up or down any other stairs. I took him down to the basement and tried to get him to go up the steps by putting food on each step, but he just sat their scared to death. The stairs are wooden just like the deck steps.
              My cousin had two black labs. (Only one remains.) The two dogs were the same age, but she got the male a few years before the female. The female was terrified of the stairs, and my cousin could not teach her to use them. Then one day she was upstairs and turned around and saw the female. The male had taught her how to climb up the stairs, and my cousin watched as he taught the female how to get back down.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                My dog won't eat her dinner unless we're in the room with her. When I feed her, if RG and I are busy in another room, I have to take her food back with me into that room and let her eat with us. If I leave her food in the kitchen, she will come back to the other room with me and ignore the food.
                My previous cat was not strict about it, but he preferred that I "guard" him while he ate, especially if he was outside eating something he caught.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Every cat I ever had would come and want attention every single time I went into the bathroom or was talking on the phone.
                  Cats being "potty pals" is so common, it's a stereotype.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    My cousin had two black labs.
                    black labs matter.jpg
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-21-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

My youngest daughter has a YUGE Great Dane, and he has a FEROCIOUS big booming bark. But when I walk up to him, he runs and hides behind my daughter, cowering in fear. When I turn my back, he cautiously comes up to sniff my back pocket, but, again, if I turn around, he eases back.

He's SUCH a big tough dog, but when approached - such a big sissy!

Comment

My youngest daughter has a YUGE Great Dane, and he has a FEROCIOUS big booming bark. But when I walk up to him, he runs and hides behind my daughter, cowering in fear. When I turn my back, he cautiously comes up to sniff my back pocket, but, again, if I turn around, he eases back.

My dog is terrified of dogs smaller than herself, especially puppies. We had a neighbour with a teacup Yorkie, and a neighbour on the other side with a Papillon, and if she saw either she would run back inside with her tail between her legs. Big dogs don't bother her any, it's just the little ones that scare her so much.
                        Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Just curious -- Is he afraid of all humans, or mainly men?

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39198[/ATTACH]
                            Did you know that you have a yellow dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Did you know that you have a yellow dog?
                              Jake is a lovely shade of brown.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                                Just curious -- Is he afraid of all humans, or mainly men?
                                Interesting -- I think it is, indeed, men. But if you're on the other side of the fence or wall or whatever, he is FEROCIOUS and you'd think he's going to eat you!

(Actually, Jake is the same way -- if you just tough it out and come into the yard or front door, Jake will lick you to death and get you a cup of coffee)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X