Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Strange Pet Quirks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I had a dog who would chew on rocks, even when he had toys for that.
    I remember a vet saying something about that indicates a mineral deficiency.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I remember a vet saying something about that indicates a mineral deficiency.
      Tests always came back fine at the vet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Tests always came back fine at the vet.
        Hmmmmm.... maybe it's just a strange pet quirk!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Remember, in the Bible, it's the DEVIL who walks around like a roaring CAT seeking whom he may devour!!!! And it's the dogs who lick the sores of Lazarus....

(I sure hope nobody takes the time to look up the other 26 verses about dogs)
          "Cat" is a rather novel translation there.

The one you referenced about dogs isn't intended to convey a positive view of them either.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            "Cat" is a rather novel translation there.
            Is a lion NOT of the CAT family?

The one you referenced about dogs isn't intended to convey a positive view of them either.
            You really can poop a party, you know!

SPEAKING of poop..... I think we have a CAT (not a kitty, but a big cat of the Jaguarundi or Cougar or something) pooping in my back yard. Jake ALWAYS goes to a far corner of the property to poop - this poop is around a tree near our pool, and is BLACK and more cat-like! Our fence around the property is 4 foot high, so it's gotta be a cat as opposed to a dog, and it's certainly not deer poop.

We has us a MYSTERY!!!! Gonna get one of those motion activated infrared game cameras and attach it to that tree. Pictures here!!!

Comment

Is a lion NOT of the CAT family?

You really can poop a party, you know!

SPEAKING of poop..... I think we have a CAT (not a kitty, but a big cat of the Jaguarundi or Cougar or something) pooping in my back yard. Jake ALWAYS goes to a far corner of the property to poop - this poop is around a tree near our pool, and is BLACK and more cat-like! Our fence around the property is 4 foot high, so it's gotta be a cat as opposed to a dog, and it's certainly not deer poop.

We has us a MYSTERY!!!! Gonna get one of those motion activated infrared game cameras and attach it to that tree. Pictures here!!!
              Coyote poop! They are after your road runners!

Comment

NOTICE.....

I hope it's obvious that I'm being totally facetious about the cat/dog thing, and FOR THE RECORD, I really don't hate cats - I'm just allergic to them.

We used to have a cat named Monster, and he was a lot of fun, but required me being on constant allergy medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Coyote poop! They are after your road runners!
                  That was my first thought - but a coyote is a dog.

Comment

NOTICE.....

I hope it's obvious that I'm being totally facetious about the cat/dog thing, and FOR THE RECORD, I really don't hate cats - I'm just allergic to them.

We used to have a cat named Monster, and he was a lot of fun, but required me being on constant allergy medicine.
                    I have a friend who is very allergic to cats, except for the one around when he was born.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      That was my first thought - but a coyote is a dog.
                      a 4ft fence isn't that high though.

I bet a coyote, especially using an Acme Trampoline, could easily get over it.

Wile E Coyote And Road Runner Boulder Wham.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I have a friend who is very allergic to cats, except for the one around when he was born.
                        And newer science has revealed that kids raised with pets are generally not allergic to their own, but allergies they may have are to other people's pets.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• So, Monster (when my youngest daughter lived with us, she had this cat) and she got the cat about the same time she got a puppy American bulldog.

They used to play fight, and when Monster got tired of Brinkley, Monster would swat Brinkley's nose in a very firm "ok, that's it, game OVER!"

In seemingly no time at all, Monster reached his maximum "small cat" size, and Brinkley grew into this YUGE IMPOSING figure of a dog.

Monster used to love it when Brinkley would go down the hall, Monster would go to the head of the hall, blocking the way from the hallway back to the living room, and just sit there and stare down the hall at Brinkley. Brinkley would ease toward the living room, but Monster would raise a paw, and Brinkley would retreat, then go into the most pathetic whining and bawling and wimpering --- he wanted to come back to the living room - this GREAT BIG DOG - but this little furball of a cat wouldn't let him.

It was always a riot to watch, then we'd have to yell "Monster, leave Brinley alone!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Remember, in the Bible, it's the DEVIL who walks around like a roaring CAT seeking whom he may devour!!!! And it's the dogs who lick the sores of Lazarus....

(I sure hope nobody takes the time to look up the other 26 verses about dogs)
                            De debbil is a fake cat! The real cat is the Lion of Judah!
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              De debbil is a fake cat! The real cat is the Lion of Judah!
                              Satan is, indeed, the ultimate counterfeit.

Comment

• But cats can be Satanic

00000000000000ars2LLL.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X