Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

House Explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Explosion

About 1/2 hour ago, my wife and I were playing Scrabble when there was a boom and the house shook. After making sure we and the house we ok, we started trying to find out what happened.

A neighbor with a police scanner said a house blew up 1 block over. My wife and the neighbor walked over but couldn't see anything except lots of emergency vehicles. The sirens are still going.

Prayers for this currently on-going situation.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Any idea on what caused the explosion?
        sigpic

Comment

Comment

Something like that happened near me a couple of months ago. It turns out it was a leaky gas line. The house just blew up into sticks. There apparently wasn't even a fire, the explosion put itself out. Killed one man who was at home, and damaged two nearby houses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Something like that happened near me a couple of months ago. It turns out it was a leaky gas line. The house just blew up into sticks. There apparently wasn't even a fire, the explosion put itself out. Killed one man who was at home, and damaged two nearby houses.
              One of the worst disasters in Texas history was a school house that blew up from a natural gas leak in 1937, killing 300 children. Prior to that, natural gas was odorless, and because of this incident, the Texas legislature mandated that that thiols (mercaptans) be added to natural gas to provide that pungent odor that will alert you there's something wrong.

New London School explosion

The students who were killed were mostly 5th through 11th grade -- imagine subsequent graduation ceremonies where the graduating class would be pretty much non-existent.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Something like this happened to me when I was 12. Was sitting in my mom's house and all of a sudden the whole house jerked. A house two streets over exploded, things were raining down from the sky. Pretty scary things like that can happen
                "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    Any idea on what caused the explosion?
                    One man was killed. This may have been suicide by natural gas explosion. The fire department is only hinting at this time.

Pray for the neighbors on either side who have been displaced while their houses are evaluated if they are still inhabitable. The houses around here are very close - maybe 20 feet separating. I believe everyone else has been allowed to return home.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment