Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

It just keeps getting weirder and weirder ...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...wish-democrats

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...7ce_story.html

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Wow - hook, line, and sinker.

I really wish Trump would quit doing stuff like this, but the response is why he keeps doing it.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      It just keeps getting weirder and weirder ...
      Yep... the response from the left couldn't be any more off the rails, and Trump knows exactly where to poke them to keep them squealing!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Yep... the response from the left couldn't be any more off the rails, and Trump knows exactly where to poke them to keep them squealing!
        They just don't get it...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

He really needs to stop.

Comment

Who cares if he's projecting anti-Semitism? He's just trying to keep up with most of the Democrats these days.

And I thought Obama was the messiah.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Well the context shows he was talking about how all the previous Presidents should have had this "trade war with China" but it was left up to him to do it and he joked he was the "chosen one" - meaning out of all of the past presidents who should have done it.

Sure, he is a narcissist and loves to brag about himself, but he wasn't calling himself the Messiah. You don't have to worry about him being the Antichrist. yet.

Comment

I am happy I dont have Twitter.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Wow - hook, line, and sinker.

I really wish Trump would quit doing stuff like this, but the response is why he keeps doing it.
                  It's like Pence is saying "I don't think the left can get any more unhinged" and Trump responds with "hold my beer."

Yeah, I know he doesn't imbibe in alcoholic beverages but "hold my Diet Coke" just doesn't have the same oomph

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

He really needs to stop.
                    Pride goeth before destruction.

He better hope he can keep sustaining the economic bubble up to at least 2020, otherwise he's going to have a serious problem, as are we all.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Who cares if he's projecting anti-Semitism? He's just trying to keep up with most of the Democrats these days.

Yes, it's perfectly OK for Obama to be "the One".

Messianic rhetoric infuses Obama rallies

Barbara Walters admits ‘we’ thought Obama was ‘the next messiah’

Obama: ‘You cannot sit back and wait for a savior’
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

...this was the moment when... the rise of the oceans began to slow, and our planet began to heal....."
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

From this time last year:
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Apparently it is yet again time to remind folks just how much adoring veneration and reverence was given to Obama by his supporters.
                          • Like when Newsweek editor Evan Thomas was doing when he declared on MSNBC's "Hardball" to host Chris Matthews (who notoriously once said that he felt a “thrill up his leg” after saying "This is bigger than Kennedy. ... This is the New Testament," while covering then-Senator Barack Obama): "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." Sort of God.

• And when Ezra Klein gushed about Obama in The American Prospect that,

"He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh, over color, over despair. The other great leaders I’ve heard guide us towards a better politics, but Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves, to the place where America exists as a glittering ideal, and where we, its honored inhabitants, seem capable of achieving it, and thus of sharing in its meaning and transcendence.

• And of course there's when Mark Morford, columnist and culture critic for the San Francisco Chronicle and SFGate.com, proclaimed that Obama "isn’t really one of us" and how

"many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."

• Or Florida A&M professor Barbara A. Thompson, who wrote The Gospel According to Apostle Barack: In Search of a More Perfect Political Union as "Heaven Here on Earth."

• Or how in a September, 2008 opinion essay in the Smith College Sophian titled "I Will Follow Him: Obama As My Personal Jesus," associate editor Maggie Mertens proclaimed "Obama is my Jesus." She went on to say
                            While you may be overtly religious and find this to be idol-worshipping, or may be overtly politically correct and just know that everything in that sentence could be found offensive, I'm afraid it's true anyway.

She went on to say she was in the "middle of a bleak, hopeless period of my life" but then
                            Then I found my miracle. Stumbling through my hopeless world, afraid to turn to anyone with my political questions of morality, my concerns about the afterlife of the country I called home, a voice spoke to me. Barack Obama bore to me his testimony...

She continued writing about how "I came to Jesus/Obama" and concluded
                            I've officially been saved, and soon, whether they like it or not, the rest of the country will be too. I will follow him, all the way to the White House, and I'll be standing there in our nation's capital in January 2009, when Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th president of the United States of America. In the name of Obama, Amen.

• Or how on November 25th, 2012 at the Soul Train Awards program, televised worldwide on the BET network, Jamie Foxx whipped up the large crowd attending the event to a hand-waving, jumping-up-and-down frenzy by shouting, "First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama! Barack Obama!"

• Or how Denmark's oldest largest newspaper Politiken on December 28, 2009 ran an editorial titled "Obama Greater Than Jesus: The U.S. president - the practical saviour of our times" It said, "He comes from humble beginnings and defends the weak and vulnerable, because he can identify himself with their conditions. And no we are not thinking of Jesus Christ, whose birthday has just been celebrated - but rather the President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama."

The newspaper stated that if a comparison were to be made between Jesus and Obama, "it would, of course, inevitably be to Obama's advantage." And this: "Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus - if we have to play that absurd Christmas game."

• Or how Nation of Islam's Louis Farrahkan proclaimed Obama was the Messiah

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

• And finally let's not forget Barbara Walters

The fact is, the above exemplified the attitude that a substantial portion of his supporters believed. As Michelle Obama put it, "We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light" (Matthew 4:16; cf. Micah 7:8)

And of course Obama himself intoned that the earth itself was reacting positively to his merely winning the Democrat Party's nomination (that "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.") so profound was his presence.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39218[/ATTACH]
                          God of all things

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39219[/ATTACH]
                          Second Coming
                          Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            From this time last year:
                            It was over the top when he was elected in 2008. Difference in this case, did Obama actually declare this himself?

Comment

That’s what The Family told him. He is not kidding and neither are they. Jesus and Trump are one.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment