Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't like it...obviously trolling behavior from the president is childish and irresponsible and I wish he would just shut up. I don't think he literally believes himself to be a messiah figure.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Christians have always been hypocritical to one extent or another. If an evangelist doesn't have an answer for that, then he's not much of an evangelist.

And in this case, it would only be blasphemy, I think, if Trump genuinely believed it, but he clearly meant it as a joke. Unlike Herod, I doubt he really believes he's a deity.
      Trump has been to the national prayer breakfast. He is simply repeating what he has been told by The Family.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Can't take a little teasing CP?

Jim
        Obviously no more than you can regarding my facetious comments.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Trump has been to the national prayer breakfast. He is simply repeating what he has been told by The Family.
          Not sure if you're being serious, but the National Prayer Breakfast is not a haven for obvious heresy (which it would be if Trump was actually serious).
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Here is the tweet everyone is talking about, for reference:

ScreenHunter_.jpg

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...38795475881986

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              It gets really old when the only defense anybody has to anything about Trump is to pull out a tu quoque about Obama that isn't even applicable. Obama was arrogant but his statements did not have the specific religious context. The term "chosen one" is often used in a flippant way, like its being a nickname of LeBron James.

I'm not going to link because of paywall, but Texas evangelist Jay Lowder had an op-ed in the Washington Post comparing this case to Herod being killed by an angel because he did not demur when somebody proclaimed him to be a god. He thinks that should be a warning in cases like this.

(The part of me that is open to futurism thinks Trump obviously doesn't meet the criteria to be the antichrist, though.)
              My biggest concern is not spiritual (let him deal with that himself), my concern is political. This could potentially backfire in an extraordinary way (everyone loves to see a braggart get his comeuppance), and if it does, it'll be a black-eye to conservatives and will set us way back, so I'm hoping with all the hope I have that the illusionary economy maintains itself until at least 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                My biggest concern is not spiritual (let him deal with that himself), my concern is political. This could potentially backfire in an extraordinary way (everyone loves to see a braggart get his comeuppance), and if it does, it'll be a black-eye to conservatives and will set us way back, so I'm hoping with all the hope I have that the illusionary economy maintains itself until at least 2020.
                I don't think it's going to hurt him politically. There is literally nothing he can do at this point in time to lose the bulk of the base he has.

Even the evangelist who wrote the WaPo op-ed excoriating him for this admitted he was a Trump voter and didn't say anything about changing that.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I don't think it's going to hurt him politically. There is literally nothing he can do at this point in time to lose the bulk of the base he has.

Even the evangelist who wrote the WaPo op-ed excoriating him for this admitted he was a Trump voter and didn't say anything about changing that.
                  I disagree. Yes, the relentless TDS attacks from the left from the beginning have kept a lot of his base rallying around him for that reason. But I'm guessing, unless you spend time in other social media venues, that here you're only seeing the opinions of a small niche pro-Trump group. A lot of his base is turning on him for a lot of things, but primarily his BSing about the strength of the economy and what the data represents (which is an abrupt about face from his truthfulness about the economy during the election).

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    But I'm guessing, unless you spend time in other social media venues, that here you're only seeing the opinions of a small niche pro-Trump group.
                    It's certainly more than here. One acquaintance of mine rationalizes anything negative by calling it a false flag or fake news, so almost by definition, nothing reported can hurt him.

His support on Reddit hasn't waned; if anything, it seems to have solidified over time.

Comment

The Web's best Real News site weighs in.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

From the Greg Gutfeld Show.

The whole thing is great, but the parts about "polarization" and "crap cannon" near the end are particularly relevant. I embrace them unreservedly.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Obviously no more than you can regarding my facetious comments.
                          ganging up on me again? The disdain around here is palpable! So much for 'Christian' love.

Jim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            ganging up on me again? The disdain around here is palpable! So much for 'Christian' love.

Jim
                            How in the world can you consider my comment "ganging up" on you? Good grief, Jim, get a grip.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              How in the world can you consider my comment "ganging up" on you? Good grief, Jim, get a grip.
                              'get a grip'?

Out to prove my point?

Jim
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Perhaps if there were any indication you were teasing....
                                [teasing]open your eyes o portulant one[/teasing]

is that better?

SO, tell me exactly how you managed to take a comment about you guys proclaiming Trump 'messiah' with '' behind it as me being 'serious' in the first place ...

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-22-2019, 07:37 PM.

Comment