Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    ganging up on me again? The disdain around here is palpable! So much for 'Christian' love.

Jim
    You're teasing, right?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Donald Trump is out basking in his Messiahship and you think Im over the top thinking the man is nuts. You can't make this stuff up!

If nothing else it's amusing trying to figure out when you'll finally figure out you've hitched your wagon to a complete loon.

The really scary part is that loon has his hands on the most powerful weapons and military in the world.

Jim
      I really, really wish you wouldn't take every opportunity to confirm my impression of you. I'll charitably assume that you somehow truly think I've "hitched my wagon" to Trump, but that belief is false. Kindly acknowledge that.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        More "teasing" Jim?
        Nope. Just responding in kind to OBP.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You're teasing, right?
          That would be sarcasm. Given that is THE primary form of response here, im not sure why I needed to tell you that .

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Jim
            Jim,

Could you PLEASE come up with a way to let the reader know when you're on a "everybody is against me" rant and truly upset, as opposed to "teasing" --- because, quite honestly, I think we're all having a hard time discerning your state of mind at the time you are posting.

Maybe sarcasm tags!!!!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That would be sarcasm. Given that is THE primary form of response here, im not sure why I needed to tell you that .

Jim
              When you pitch a "everybody is against me" rant -- is THAT sarcasm?

Comment

Jim
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  I really, really wish you wouldn't take every opportunity to confirm my impression of you. I'll charitably assume that you somehow truly think I've "hitched my wagon" to Trump, but that belief is false. Kindly acknowledge that.
                  Hey, if you can claim i have TDS as an excuse to dismiss every comment I make, then I see no obligation whatsoever to acknowledge any subtle distinction you find offensive in how you qualify your support for Trump.

Truce? Or no Truce, it's Your call.

Jim

Comment

Jim,

Could you PLEASE come up with a way to let the reader know when you're on a "everybody is against me" rant and truly upset, as opposed to "teasing" --- because, quite honestly, I think we're all having a hard time discerning your state of mind at the time you are posting.

Maybe sarcasm tags!!!!
                    When several people decide they need their ODS insult fix for the day you will probably need to anticipate that my posts are likely to include teasing, insults, or sarcasm as I respond. But likely more toned down than any of the rest of you could manage under similar circumstances

Jim

Comment

Hey, if you can claim i have TDS as an excuse to dismiss every comment I make, then I see no obligation whatsoever to acknowledge any subtle distinction you find offensive in how you qualify your support for Trump.

Truce? Or no Truce, it's Your call.

Jim
                      I don't claim that you have TDS as an excuse to dismiss every comment you make. Dismissing every comment someone makes without evaluating it on its face would be stupid and uncharitable.

The second half of your proffer appears to be your idea of a subtle attempt at insult - ironic, given the charge you made last night in our other current conversation.

I'm all for a truce. All I ask is that you be more charitable in your dealings with me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        I don't claim that you have TDS as an excuse to dismiss every comment you make. Dismissing every comment someone makes without evaluating it on its face would be stupid and uncharitable.

The second half of your proffer appears to be your idea of a subtle attempt at insult - ironic, given the charge you made last night in our other current conversation.

I'm all for a truce. All I ask is that you be more charitable in your dealings with me.
                        My intent is to never insult or reply harshly to a person that did not first do the same to me at least twice in a row. Sometimes if several people pile on at once or the person has several attacks in one post the twice in a row might get lost. But, If I violate that, feel free to call me on it

Jim

Comment

He tweeted a link to a fellow saying he was like a jewish messiah, - he wanted people to read a fellow talking about him that way - hence 'tweets claims he is a messiah (little m).
                          Point of demi's is, no retweet of Trump saying 'Trump is the messiah'. Obvious lie, now you just retreat to 'saying he was like a jewish messiah'. But was actually 'admired him so greatly that it was as though Trump were the King of Israel'.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                            Point of demi's is, no retweet of Trump saying 'Trump is the messiah'. Obvious lie, now you just retreat to 'saying he was like a jewish messiah'. But was actually 'admired him so greatly that it was as though Trump were the King of Israel'.
                            Sorry, i have no idea what you are trying to say.

Jim

Comment

Sorry, i have no idea what you are trying to say.
                              Maybe you need Fake News to spin it for you, then you can swallow.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                                Maybe you need Fake News to spin it for you, then you can swallow.
                                See there, you can be understood when you try!

Jim

Comment