Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    How is this a problem?
    Because Trump.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      We disagree almost completely then.

Jim
      I submit to you that I am likely to know somewhat better than anyone else why I am saying something.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You vote for whomever you think is best - I don't think it's fair to ask more than that of any voter.

And... my condolences in advance - it's not likely you're gonna be all that happy with whichever one you do get.
        I have hopes that somebody at the last moment will try to primary Trump, but there's zero chance any of it will succeed unless Trump gets caught on a hot mic using the n word 15 times. So far we have Bill Weld (libertarian VP candidate, extreme social liberal), Mark Sanford (who abandoned his governor duties to disappear on an extramarital affair), and Joe Walsh (who has the same temperament issues as Trump and suddenly is trying to act "normal" in time to run). John Kasich would be most preferred but it's an extreme long shot.

Biden seems like the one known quantity so I'd like to see him get the nomination regardless.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You vote for whomever you think is best - I don't think it's fair to ask more than that of any voter.
          Unfortunately, all too often it's 'vote who you think is the least bad'.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I submit to you that I am likely to know somewhat better than anyone else why I am saying something.
            Because you happen to be a subject matter expert on you?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Okay, I'm trying to ignore his responses - really I am - but if he's AGAIN saying that any support of Trump's policy's is proof of absolute support for the man himself, I will mention that the converse is ALSO true - which would mean any OPPOSITION to Trump is SUPPORT for abortion.

Soooooooo glad I have him on ignore...

This - in addition to overall laziness - is why I wouldn't want to be a mod again. Ignore - it's what's for supper!
              So now I get slammed for words not said? For posts never even read? I think that deserves to be unacceptable behavior. Or is it ok to just make things up not said and then put the person down for it?

Jim
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Well of course you are. I never tried to tell you what you meant. I simply pointed out what you did.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Why does his point about wanting a strong NATO alliance warrant a "wow"? It's an incredibly important geopolitical issue right now, with not only China but Russia on the rise? You can disagree, but it deserves more than "wow".
                  Sure, but just for you...

A) It's his dismissive nature of the issues of abortion and SCOTUS, apparently preferring international relations.
                  2) His 'policy positions' seem to be driven more from an extreme (and unhealthy) hatred of Trump than anything else.
                  C) I think the MORAL issue of abortion is FAR more important than 'geopolitical' considerations, and SCOTUS is key to that, along with a number of other issues relating to Christians.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Sure, but just for you...

A) It's his dismissive nature of the issues of abortion and SCOTUS, apparently preferring international relations.
                    2) His 'policy positions' seem to be driven more from an extreme (and unhealthy) hatred of Trump than anything else.
                    C) I think the MORAL issue of abortion is FAR more important than 'geopolitical' considerations, and SCOTUS is key to that, along with a number of other issues relating to Christians.
                    Thanks for the explanation!

As far as C goes, I think the two issues are intertwined. China has a lot more abortions than the US will ever have (some of them forced, I believe), and they're actively trying to wipe out Christianity. So I would like somebody to maintain American strength against China. Of course, that's a lot vaguer than the Supreme Court issue, which is a lot more straightforward. But I'm just saying this to explain why I personally do consider foreign policy among other factors.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I think the easiest way to determine why a problem is perceived is to imagine it switched. If Obama had said it, what do you think the reception here would be? (Especially given that one of the most frequent criticisms of Obama on TWeb is his arrogance, which is an accurate criticism.) I also imagine there would be flak over him pigeonholing all American Jews into one group.
                      I'd think then, as I do now, it's overstated - and the person that actually said it is going overboard. If Obama had retweeted ( word we shouldn't need) as Trump did, I'd be, as I am now, kinda torn. He's thanking someone for saying nice things about him - which is not wrong. Politically, probably a bad idea to use Twitter (honestly, I'm not sure there's ever a GOOD idea to use Twitter) and ... I just don't know.

When I don't know, I grant the benefit of the doubt, just as I did when Obama was president. I grant it's easier with someone I prefer - but heck, isn't it always like that?

And for the record, I think Christy did the right thing - even if I do really regret the timing.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Thanks for the explanation!

As far as C goes, I think the two issues are intertwined. China has a lot more abortions than the US will ever have (some of them forced, I believe), and they're actively trying to wipe out Christianity. So I would like somebody to maintain American strength against China. Of course, that's a lot vaguer than the Supreme Court issue, which is a lot more straightforward. But I'm just saying this to explain why I personally do consider foreign policy among other factors.
                        Understood, and I don't mean this in any dismissive way to you, but I can't vote in Chinese elections. I have no influence in what happens over there, but I DO know that Hillary and her crowd were full on determined to expand abortion and remove restrictions, and would have used the courts to accomplish that.

I've survived the Vietnam war, Korea, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the cold war, the break-up of the soviet union, Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, the Panama invasion, Afghanistan.... there will be wars and rumors of wars...

Comment

I'd think then, as I do now, it's overstated - and the person that actually said it is going overboard. If Obama had retweeted ( word we shouldn't need) as Trump did, I'd be, as I am now, kinda torn. He's thanking someone for saying nice things about him - which is not wrong. Politically, probably a bad idea to use Twitter (honestly, I'm not sure there's ever a GOOD idea to use Twitter) and ... I just don't know.

When I don't know, I grant the benefit of the doubt, just as I did when Obama was president. I grant it's easier with someone I prefer - but heck, isn't it always like that?

And for the record, I think Christy did the right thing - even if I do really regret the timing.
                          Christy the Twebber?

Comment

I think the easiest way to determine why a problem is perceived is to imagine it switched. If Obama had said it, what do you think the reception here would be? (Especially given that one of the most frequent criticisms of Obama on TWeb is his arrogance, which is an accurate criticism.) I also imagine there would be flak over him pigeonholing all American Jews into one group.
                            I see Trump as the Republican equivalent of Obama. I think they are both thin skinned arrogant jerks.

Comment

I have hopes that somebody at the last moment will try to primary Trump, but there's zero chance any of it will succeed unless Trump gets caught on a hot mic using the n word 15 times. So far we have Bill Weld (libertarian VP candidate, extreme social liberal), Mark Sanford (who abandoned his governor duties to disappear on an extramarital affair), and Joe Walsh (who has the same temperament issues as Trump and suddenly is trying to act "normal" in time to run). John Kasich would be most preferred but it's an extreme long shot.

Biden seems like the one known quantity so I'd like to see him get the nomination regardless.
                              The only reason to run against Trump in the primaries is to get name recognition for 2024.

Biden seems likely - but he has to keep his foot out of his mouth through at least March. Dunno - be easier if they ever start dropping out to get a read on who has a real shot.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Understood, and I don't mean this in any dismissive way to you, but I can't vote in Chinese elections.
                                Neither can most Chinese people

Comment