Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Christy the Twebber?
    Chris Christy - Gov of NJ, if memory serves. Obama did something ... and I really should remember what but don't - and Christy thanked him publicly for it.

About a week before midterms...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I see Trump as the Republican equivalent of Obama. I think they are both thin skinned arrogant jerks.
      But Obama could be slightly more adult about it.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Chris Christy - Gov of NJ, if memory serves. Obama did something ... and I really should remember what but don't - and Christy thanked him publicly for it.

About a week before midterms...
        Wasn't it the hug? When Obama sent relief after Hurricane..... Sandy?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Not much IMO.

Comment

Neither can most Chinese people
            Yeah, I thought of that when I typed it.

Comment

Unfortunately, all too often it's 'vote who you think is the least bad'.
              Our primary system stinks, I'll give you that.

But, interviewing for the most powerful job in the world has to have some sort of winnowing process... Not sure there really is a good one for any job interviewing situation.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

slightly?
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Wasn't it the hug? When Obama sent relief after Hurricane..... Sandy?
                  I think that was it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I think that was it.
                    Interestingly, Christy denies the hug happened...

Moving on to Obama, Christie acknowledged that the supposed hug featured prominently in an attack ad aired by Conservative Solutions PAC, the super PAC backing Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

“A hug with the president,” Christie said. Yeah, no, I’ve got to tell you, I can’t disappoint you all enough, I didn’t hug him. And as you all have learned in New Hampshire, I hug everybody. So it was a disappointment probably for him that I didn’t hug him.”

Christie acknowledged that he had shook Obama’s hand. “When he got off Air Force One, I did shake his hand, which I’ll tell you what, civilized human beings do with other civilized human beings,” he said.

hug 1.jpg hug 2.jpg hug3.jpg

Comment

I'd think then, as I do now, it's overstated - and the person that actually said it is going overboard. If Obama had retweeted ( word we shouldn't need) as Trump did, I'd be, as I am now, kinda torn. He's thanking someone for saying nice things about him - which is not wrong. Politically, probably a bad idea to use Twitter (honestly, I'm not sure there's ever a GOOD idea to use Twitter) and ... I just don't know.

When I don't know, I grant the benefit of the doubt, just as I did when Obama was president. I grant it's easier with someone I prefer - but heck, isn't it always like that?

And for the record, I think Christy did the right thing - even if I do really regret the timing.
                      I honestly disagree with your assessment of what the tweet represented. Do you really think Trump was retweeting it out of gratitude as opposed to just bragging? If somebody says something nice to you, it's appropriate to thank them, not rebroadcast the exact wording of what was said to the entire world over multiple tweets. (Not to mention there are scores of people online willing to praise Trump all day long just like this Root guy; do they all need to be equally responded to?)
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I honestly disagree with your assessment of what the tweet represented. Do you really think Trump was retweeting it out of gratitude as opposed to just bragging? If somebody says something nice to you, it's appropriate to thank them, not rebroadcast the exact wording of what was said to the entire world over multiple tweets. (Not to mention there are scores of people online willing to praise Trump all day long just like this Root guy; do they all need to be equally responded to?)
                        So what if he was? I mean, there's no reason to always assume the worst - but even if so, Trump bragging is news how, exactly? The quote seems to boil down to 'this president is a good friend to Israel' - how is this news?

I sent a thank you card along with a payment recently and the company I sent it to posted it on social media and thanked me. Now, I'm not going to repost it - but I did thank them.

Maybe Trump was bragging but definitely he was thanking someone for saying something nice. So no, I don't see the problem.

Then again, I don't see the point in getting upset every time Trump hits 'send'.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Interestingly, Christy denies the hug happened...

Moving on to Obama, Christie acknowledged that the supposed hug featured prominently in an attack ad aired by Conservative Solutions PAC, the super PAC backing Florida Sen. Marco Rubio.

“A hug with the president,” Christie said. Yeah, no, I’ve got to tell you, I can’t disappoint you all enough, I didn’t hug him. And as you all have learned in New Hampshire, I hug everybody. So it was a disappointment probably for him that I didn’t hug him.”

Christie acknowledged that he had shook Obama’s hand. “When he got off Air Force One, I did shake his hand, which I’ll tell you what, civilized human beings do with other civilized human beings,” he said.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39265[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]39266[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]39267[/ATTACH]
                          I don't honestly remember anything about a hug - just that Christy had thanked him and shook his hand.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            I see Trump as the Republican equivalent of Obama. I think they are both thin skinned arrogant jerks.
                            And with massive (and I do mean yuuuge!) egos to boot

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Perhaps because he wasn't under 24/7 assault? And to his credit at least Trump hasn't sicced the IRS on anyone who got under his skin -- at least yet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Wow - hook, line, and sinker.

I really wish Trump would quit doing stuff like this, but the response is why he keeps doing it.
                                Do you really think he is not certifiably insane?
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment