Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    See there, you can be understood when you try!
    You can understand Trump just trolling if you try. But TDS, also hate takes over. Sad.

You know deep down he just playing you, wants to play you like violin. But you can't help self. Really sad.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      You can understand Trump just trolling if you try. But TDS, also hate takes over. Sad.

You know deep down he just playing you, wants to play you like violin. But you can't help self. Really sad.
      What is truly sad is that anyone can actually think he is 'just kidding'. There is way to much truth to it in fact.

And so far, he has good reason to believe his base will buy it. Just look at how you guys are willing to accept it, excuse it.

Like I said in the first post: it just gets weirder and weirder.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

My intent is to never insult or reply harshly to a person that did not first do the same to me at least twice in a row. Sometimes if several people pile on at once or the person has several attacks in one post the twice in a row might get lost. But, If I violate that, feel free to call me on it

Jim
        Criticism is not insult or attack. No one here is "piling on" you. I'm calling you on your perception of what people say to you. Until that gets straightened out....
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Truce? Or no Truce, it's Your call.
          I believe the grounds for that were laid out in the Sermon on the Mount.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What is truly sad is that anyone can actually think he is 'just kidding'. There is way to much truth to it in fact.
            I don't think he is "just kidding" - I think he's purposely being a pompous ass because it's so easy to rile up his enemies.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And so far, he has good reason to believe his base will buy it. Just look at how you guys are willing to accept it, excuse it.

Like I said in the first post: it just gets weirder and weirder.

Jim
              This, quite independently of anything else you've said, is clear evidence of TDS. My statement is intended to be an observation, not criticism or attack. I am afraid that unfounded opinions like yours could result in people ignoring warning signs if Trump really does go off the deep end; when people cry 'wolf' long enough and loud enough at nothing in particular, actual wolves are in danger of being dismissed as more of the same.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Trump is one of those political geniuses, who says things that can be interpreted in multiple ways. It can be used to appeal to a wide range of people, to woo voters. Alternatively, or usually simultaneously, given your predisposition to think the worst of him, he uses it to troll his enemies.

It's psychological warfare, and despite being funny he obviously takes it seriously.

You can stop hating Trump if you want to. But you are choosing to let him play you like a violin. Which makes you hate him even more. But I think that's what you really want now, you like hating him now.
                Last edited by demi-conservative; 08-23-2019, 11:48 AM.
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

fiddle.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    This, quite independently of anything else you've said, is clear evidence of TDS. My statement is intended to be an observation, not criticism or attack. I am afraid that unfounded opinions like yours could result in people ignoring warning signs if Trump really does go off the deep end; when people cry 'wolf' long enough and loud enough at nothing in particular, actual wolves are in danger of being dismissed as more of the same.
                    Trump supporters have been ignoring the warning signs for a long time and continue to do so.

And no, it is not evidence of 'TDS' - a wholly imagined affliction.

Tossing around an imagined 3 letter acronym as an excuse to dismiss other people's comments you don't like is just an indication of how weak your arguments against the points made are. So its just pubescent name calling as far as I'm concerned. Step up to the challenge and make a valid argument or show yourselves incapable of making a case for your position.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      Trump is one of those political geniuses, who says things that can be interpreted in multiple ways. It can be used to appeal to a wide range of people, to woo voters. Alternatively, or usually simultaneously, given your predisposition to think the worst of him, he uses it to troll his enemies.

It's psychological warfare, and despite being funny he obviously takes it seriously.

You can stop hating Trump if you want to. But you are choosing to let him play you like a violin. Which makes you hate him even more. But I think that's what you really want now, you like hating him now.
                      Hatred is not what my concern is about demi. Trump is creating chaos in the world, day in and day out. And that is not a good thing. And I am each day amazed at how many people are willing to accept that as a reasonable cost to pay for getting a few scraps from the political table.

Jim

Comment

....for getting a few scraps from the political table.

Jim
                        Yeah, cause abortion ain't no big thang. And SCOTUS? Pshaw!

Comment

Tossing around an imagined 3 letter acronym as an excuse to dismiss other people's comments you don't like is
                          ...not what I'm doing. Try again, kemosabe.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Yeah, cause abortion ain't no big thang. And SCOTUS? Pshaw!
                            Abortion is still quite legal. SCOTUS is important, but then again, so is our ability to maintain a strong Europe/US alliance, especially as China grows in power and wealth.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              ...not what I'm doing. Try again, kemosabe.
                              Did you or did you not in the post previous use the imagined 'affliction' described by the 3 letter acronym 'TDS' to explain my opinion, dismissing its content in the process?

Jim

Comment

Abortion is still quite legal.
                                What an incredibly heartless response.

It is an extremely hot issue with the liberals pushing for ZERO restrictions. It's a battleground, on whose side Hillary would have pushed a very active pro-abortion campaign.

SCOTUS is important, but then again, so is our ability to maintain a strong Europe/US alliance, especially as China grows in power and wealth.

Jim
                                wow

Comment