Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    [teasing]open your eyes o portulant one[/teasing]

is that better?
    PorCINE!
    SO, tell me exactly how you managed to take a comment about you guys proclaiming Trump 'messiah' with '' behind it as me being 'serious' in the first place ...

Jim
    You've been so over-the-top in your hand-wringing regarding Trump that it's difficult NOT to take you seriously, Jim. Your stated opinion of his "supporters" here isn't far behind. This isn't especially more egregious than other things you've said about those who dare to defend him on one action or another.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      PorCINE!

You've been so over-the-top in your hand-wringing regarding Trump that it's difficult NOT to take you seriously, Jim. Your stated opinion of his "supporters" here isn't far behind. This isn't especially more egregious than other things you've said about those who dare to defend him on one action or another.
      Donald Trump is out basking in his Messiahship and you think Im over the top thinking the man is nuts. You can't make this stuff up!

If nothing else it's amusing trying to figure out when you'll finally figure out you've hitched your wagon to a complete loon.

The really scary part is that loon has his hands on the most powerful weapons and military in the world.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        It's certainly more than here. One acquaintance of mine rationalizes anything negative by calling it a false flag or fake news, so almost by definition, nothing reported can hurt him.

His support on Reddit hasn't waned; if anything, it seems to have solidified over time.
        You forget his supporters lost the mid terms. Actions like that speak more loudly than what a bunch pro-Trump supporters say about him online. That tells me one of two things: either the left took 2016 for granted and then rallied as a result, or a lot of people that voted for Trump voted because it was a novelty; they liked that he was unconventional, but then that got old real quick. Now, I think Trump will win in 2020 only because the left, as usual, will shoot themselves in foot. But if the evidence of an economic downturn becomes more apparent, look out.

Comment

tweets claims he is 'the messiah'
          Fake News!

Donald Trump is out basking in his Messiahship and you think Im over the top thinking the man is nuts. You can't make this stuff up!
          Trump did not say he was messiah. Person he quoted also did not say that. Why parrot obvious lies?

Answer: TDS
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

00000000000000ab000-00aado1.jpg

I understand why he does it but wish he wouldn't indulge in it so much

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't know anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 who regrets it.

I don't know anyone who voted for Trump in 2016 who would switch in 2020, even if the stock market dropped to 5000 and we were in actual shooting wars with China, NoKo, Iran, and Russia.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                You forget his supporters lost the mid terms. Actions like that speak more loudly than what a bunch pro-Trump supporters say about him online. That tells me one of two things: either the left took 2016 for granted and then rallied as a result, or a lot of people that voted for Trump voted because it was a novelty; they liked that he was unconventional, but then that got old real quick. Now, I think Trump will win in 2020 only because the left, as usual, will shoot themselves in foot. But if the evidence of an economic downturn becomes more apparent, look out.
                The party that controls the presidency almost always lose seats in the mid terms and don't forget they gained in the Senate

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Trump didn't lose the mid-terms, or at least he didn't lose as badly as he should have. The Democrats underperformed compared to historical averages.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Fake News!

Trump did not say he was messiah. Person he quoted also did not say that. Why parrot obvious lies?

Answer: TDS
                    Try to read with comprehension. He said he was 'the chosen one'. That phrase has messianic inferences. He tweeted a link to a fellow saying he was like a jewish messiah, - he wanted people to read a fellow talking about him that way - hence 'tweets claims he is a messiah (little m). Taken together, this is what I am referring to as 'basking' in his messiahship.

My problem is not TDS, but rather your problem is ODS.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Try to read with comprehension. He said he was 'the chosen one'. That phrase has messianic inferences. He tweeted a link to a fellow saying he was like a jewish messiah, - he wanted people to read a fellow talking about him that way - hence 'tweets claims he is a messiah (little m). Taken together, this is what I am referring to as 'basking' in his messiahship.

My problem is not TDS, but rather your problem is ODS.
                      Even Snopes has rated this claim as ‘mostly false,’ so yeah, it is your TDS acting up again.

What's True
                      In a brief aside during remarks about the ongoing U.S.-China trade war, Trump said "I am the chosen one."
                      What's False
                      Trump's "chosen one" aside was likely tongue-in-cheek, not a sincere profession of any belief in his own messianic status. Separately, in a series of tweets, Trump quoted a radio host who claimed Jewish people in Israel admired the U.S. president so greatly that it was as though Trump were the King of Israel or the second coming of Christ. Trump never himself articulated any such belief.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...g-king-israel/
                      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 08-23-2019, 06:52 AM.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Can't take a little teasing CP?

Jim
                        I actually can - Rogue, Sparko, Teal, OBP do it all the time, and I respond in kind, but they've never launched into a walleyed fit claiming I'm attacking them.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I really don't like it...obviously trolling behavior from the president is childish and irresponsible and I wish he would just shut up. I don't think he literally believes himself to be a messiah figure.
                          EGGzackly, he's simply pulling the chain of the easily rattled.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If nothing else it's amusing trying to figure out when you'll finally figure out you've hitched your wagon to a complete loon.

The really scary part is that loon has his hands on the most powerful weapons and military in the world.

Jim
                            More "teasing" Jim?

Comment

Not sure if you're being serious, but the National Prayer Breakfast is not a haven for obvious heresy (which it would be if Trump was actually serious).
                              He's referring to the "secret cult" that runs DC and sponsors the NPB.

Comment

I don't think it's going to hurt him politically. There is literally nothing he can do at this point in time to lose the bulk of the base he has.

Even the evangelist who wrote the WaPo op-ed excoriating him for this admitted he was a Trump voter and didn't say anything about changing that.
                                I think that has a lot more to do with the current state of the Democratic party than it does Trump. IF I vote "for" Trump again, it will be against the extremism of the left, not "for" him.

Comment