Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    "They"

Your welcome, two.
    y
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      y
      Y

Comment

Y

No, the y goes at the end of "the" - for "they" - it would be a "y".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          No, the y goes at the end of "the" - for "they" - it would be a "y".
          I already corrected you on that!

It's two late too throw out a 'y' now!

Comment

I already corrected you on that!

It's two late too throw out a 'y' now!
            y knot later?
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              y knot later?
              et tu piggo?

Because I already added the y in my correction!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                Fox News can dominate in ratings and still be a drop in the ocean when it comes to political representation in media. It's not at all controversial to say that the media generally leans left; Often far left (whether discussing news outlets or entertainment media). Fox News is one of the few no-kidding mainstream right wing media outlets, and so their numbers are going to be propped by demand, whereas viewership for left-leaning media will be diluted by their abundance, giving left-leaning audiences plenty of options to choose from. This is mainly true for TV, film, podcast, and music. Talk radio still seems to be dominated by Conservative media, but I think the audience for talk radio will eventually age out.
                My point has been completely lost on you guys.

No - I'm not trying to say Fox is equal to the entire main stream media or even the equivalent of a sizable portion of the MSM. good grief.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  My point has been completely lost on you guys.

No - I'm not trying to say Fox is equal to the entire main stream media or even the equivalent of a sizable portion of the MSM. good grief.

Jim
                  I see. I'm sorry for having misunderstood your point then.

Comment

• Michael Gerson shares his view on the influence of "the chosen one":

Today, far too many evangelicals are seen as angry and culturally defensive, and have tied their cause to a leader who is morally corrupt and dehumanizes others. Older evangelicals — the very people who should be maintaining and modeling moral standards — have ignored and compromised those standards for political reasons in plain view of their own children. And disillusionment is the natural result. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...?noredirect=on
                    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                      Michael Gerson shares his view on the influence of "the chosen one":
                      I'm an "older evangelical", and I very clearly denounce Trump's shenanigans both in front of my children AND my grandchildren.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Michael Gerson shares his view on the influence of "the chosen one":
                        Who is Michael Gerson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          Who is Michael Gerson?
                          G.W. Bush's chief speechwriter during the majority of his term; now a moderate conservative pundit. Possibly best known for coining the phrase "the soft bigotry of low expectations".
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Oh

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              G.W. Bush's chief speechwriter during the majority of his term; now a moderate conservative pundit. Possibly best known for coining the phrase "the soft bigotry of low expectations".
                              I'm other words, who really cares what he has to say.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                I'm other words, who really cares what he has to say.
                                In other words, you go for an ad hominem.
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment