Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump proclaims himself 'the chosen one' and tweets claims he is 'the messiah'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Who cares if he's projecting anti-Semitism? He's just trying to keep up with most of the Democrats these days.

And I thought Obama was the messiah.

Yes, it's perfectly OK for Obama to be "the One".

Messianic rhetoric infuses Obama rallies

Barbara Walters admits ‘we’ thought Obama was ‘the next messiah’

Obama: ‘You cannot sit back and wait for a savior’
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

2. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

...this was the moment when... the rise of the oceans began to slow, and our planet began to heal....."

4. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    From this time last year:

Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Apparently it is yet again time to remind folks just how much adoring veneration and reverence was given to Obama by his supporters.

• Like when Newsweek editor Evan Thomas was doing when he declared on MSNBC's "Hardball" to host Chris Matthews (who notoriously once said that he felt a “thrill up his leg” after saying "This is bigger than Kennedy. ... This is the New Testament," while covering then-Senator Barack Obama): "I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God." Sort of God.

• And when Ezra Klein gushed about Obama in The American Prospect that,

"He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh, over color, over despair. The other great leaders I’ve heard guide us towards a better politics, but Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves, to the place where America exists as a glittering ideal, and where we, its honored inhabitants, seem capable of achieving it, and thus of sharing in its meaning and transcendence.

• And of course there's when Mark Morford, columnist and culture critic for the San Francisco Chronicle and SFGate.com, proclaimed that Obama "isn’t really one of us" and how

"many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."

• Or Florida A&M professor Barbara A. Thompson, who wrote The Gospel According to Apostle Barack: In Search of a More Perfect Political Union as "Heaven Here on Earth."

• Or how in a September, 2008 opinion essay in the Smith College Sophian titled "I Will Follow Him: Obama As My Personal Jesus," associate editor Maggie Mertens proclaimed "Obama is my Jesus." She went on to say
      While you may be overtly religious and find this to be idol-worshipping, or may be overtly politically correct and just know that everything in that sentence could be found offensive, I'm afraid it's true anyway.

She went on to say she was in the "middle of a bleak, hopeless period of my life" but then
      Then I found my miracle. Stumbling through my hopeless world, afraid to turn to anyone with my political questions of morality, my concerns about the afterlife of the country I called home, a voice spoke to me. Barack Obama bore to me his testimony...

She continued writing about how "I came to Jesus/Obama" and concluded
      I've officially been saved, and soon, whether they like it or not, the rest of the country will be too. I will follow him, all the way to the White House, and I'll be standing there in our nation's capital in January 2009, when Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th president of the United States of America. In the name of Obama, Amen.

• Or how on November 25th, 2012 at the Soul Train Awards program, televised worldwide on the BET network, Jamie Foxx whipped up the large crowd attending the event to a hand-waving, jumping-up-and-down frenzy by shouting, "First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama! Barack Obama!"

• Or how Denmark's oldest largest newspaper Politiken on December 28, 2009 ran an editorial titled "Obama Greater Than Jesus: The U.S. president - the practical saviour of our times" It said, "He comes from humble beginnings and defends the weak and vulnerable, because he can identify himself with their conditions. And no we are not thinking of Jesus Christ, whose birthday has just been celebrated - but rather the President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama."

The newspaper stated that if a comparison were to be made between Jesus and Obama, "it would, of course, inevitably be to Obama's advantage." And this: "Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus - if we have to play that absurd Christmas game."

• Or how Nation of Islam's Louis Farrahkan proclaimed Obama was the Messiah

"You are the instruments that God is going to use to bring about universal change, and that is why Barack has captured the youth. And he has involved young people in a political process that they didn't care anything about. That's a sign. When the Messiah speaks, the youth will hear, and the Messiah is absolutely speaking."

• And finally let's not forget Barbara Walters

The fact is, the above exemplified the attitude that a substantial portion of his supporters believed. As Michelle Obama put it, "We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light" (Matthew 4:16; cf. Micah 7:8)

And of course Obama himself intoned that the earth itself was reacting positively to his merely winning the Democrat Party's nomination (that "this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.") so profound was his presence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    From this time last year:
    It was over the top when he was elected in 2008. Difference in this case, did Obama actually declare this himself?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That’s what The Family told him. He is not kidding and neither are they. Jesus and Trump are one.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yep... the response from the left couldn't be any more off the rails, and Trump knows exactly where to poke them to keep them squealing!
    Nope - he's pretty much just LOCO.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Who cares if he's projecting anti-Semitism? He's just trying to keep up with most of the Democrats these days.

AFAIK, Obama never accepted the moniker or called direct attention to it himself. It is one thing to have people praise you like that and not rebuff them. Quite another to accept it, relish it, and tell other people about it and how wonderful it is.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No - that was pretty weird too, and I thought he should have made some comment about it being ridiculous. But he never OWNED it like Trump just did.

And I pretty much predicted those that regard trump as their own messiah (little 'm', savior from 'the liberals') would dismiss it as a joke.

... just like many did the offer to buy Greenland a few days ago.

Now you are all saying how horrible Denmark was for not treating him nice over it.

Is that what you'll do if this is not a Joke - demand we all acknowledge he really IS the 'chosen one', the second coming?

Jim

ETA: Oh wow! I hadn't seen the second page with all the flashbacks to Obame. I called it 100%

But alas (for you) Obama never actually proclaimed himself 'the chosen one'.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-22-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No - that was pretty weird to, and I thought he should have made some comment about it being ridiculous. But he never OWNED it like Trump just did.

And I pretty much predicted those that regard trump as Messiah would dismiss it as a joke.

Now you are all saying how horrible Denmark was for not treating him nice over it.

Is that what you'll do if this is not a Joke - demand we all acknowledge he really IS the 'chosen one', the second coming?

Jim
    And you wonder why you don't have friends.

12. Amen NorrinRadd, Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    No - that was pretty weird too, and I thought he should have made some comment about it being ridiculous. But he never OWNED it like Trump just did.

And I pretty much predicted those that regard trump as their own messiah (little 'm', savior from 'the liberals') would dismiss it as a joke.

Jim
    Do you think Trump is the antichrist/beast described in Revelation?