Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wow! No More Criminals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! No More Criminals!

Why didn't we think of this before!

San Francisco board rebrands 'convicted felon' as 'justice-involved person,' sanitizes other crime lingo

Crime-ridden San Francisco has introduced new sanitized language for criminals, getting rid of words such as “offender” and “addict” while changing “convicted felon” to “justice-involved person.”

The Board of Supervisors adopted the changes last month even as the city reels from one of the highest crime rates in the country and staggering inequality exemplified by pervasive homelessness alongside Silicon Valley wealth.

The local officials say the new language will help change people’s views about those who commit crimes.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san...nvolved-person
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Why didn't we think of this before!
    Hmmm... the law says that convicted felons can't vote it says nothing about "justice involved persons." Sounds like the Dems are trying to expand their voter base.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Hmmm... the law says that convicted felons can't vote it says nothing about "justice involved persons." Sounds like the Dems are trying to expand their voter base.
      What exactly is a justice involved person? A lawyer, court clerk?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Nonsense like this is going to put the Babylon Bee out of business.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And to think, we once thought that "1984" was just a science fiction novel. He was just a bit early on the timing prediction.

"Justice involved person" sounds like a name for someone who works in the courts, not someone who is sentenced by them.

What are they going to call their homeless? "Asphalt Involved Persons?"

Comment

"Crime" is a pejorative term. They need to come up with something more innocuous.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              And to think, we once thought that "1984" was just a science fiction novel. He was just a bit early on the timing prediction.

"Justice involved person" sounds like a name for someone who works in the courts, not someone who is sentenced by them.

"Free range persons"
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                "Crime" is a pejorative term. They need to come up with something more innocuous.
                "Suboptimal behavior"?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  "Suboptimal behavior"?
                  "Transnormative behavior" has a little more cachet, I think.

sigpic

Comment

thief = unlicensed borrower
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I like "legally challenged" so it sounds like it isn't their fault

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Nonsense like this is going to put the Babylon Bee out of business.

As society becomes increasingly ridiculous it becomes harder to satirize

Comment

"Free range persons"

Comment

Crime = Societal Faux Pas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Stop giving them ideas!

Comment