Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! No More Criminals!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And to think, we once thought that "1984" was just a science fiction novel. He was just a bit early on the timing prediction.

"Justice involved person" sounds like a name for someone who works in the courts, not someone who is sentenced by them.

What are they going to call their homeless? "Asphalt Involved Persons?"
    As the saying goes, "George Orwell's 1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

2. Amen Teallaura, Raphael amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is actually not new - ‘Justice-Involved Individuals’ is a term from a 2016 guide from the Department of Education to refer to “criminals.”

Beyond the Box
    Increasing Access to Higher Education for Justice Involved Individuals
    Purpose of This Guide

Today, an estimated 70 million Americans have been involved with the criminal justice system. Data show plainly that people of color are more likely to come in contact with the justice system due, in part, to punitive school disciplinary policies that disproportionately impact certain student groups and racial profiling.

There is also growing recognition that successful reintegration back into our society for justice-involved individuals benefits those individuals, their families, and our communities. Research also shows that education can be a powerful pathway for justice-involved individuals to transition out of prison back into the classroom or the workforce, and cuts the likelihood of returning to prison within three years by over 40 percent.

With this context, it is critical to ensure that gateways to higher education, such as admissions practices, do not disproportionately disadvantage justice-involved individuals who have already served their time. Criminal justice information (CJI), for instance, has been shown to deter potentially well qualified applicants from applying for, and enrolling in, the postsecondary education and training that economists predict is critical to meaningful reentry and labor market success.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So shouldn't the democrats call White Supremacists "Melanin deficient promoters of biological diversity?"

5. Amen Zymologist, Teallaura, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So shouldn't the democrats call White Supremacists "Melanin deficient promoters of biological diversity?"
    Well, except for the niggling detail that the melanin deficient folks in question are promoting biological uniformity.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen Cow Poke, Teallaura, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is actually not new - ‘Justice-Involved Individuals’ is a term from a 2016 guide from the Department of Education to refer to “criminals.”
    So this started under Obama, what a shock!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

9. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    So this started under Obama, what a shock!
    EGGzackly.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Well, except for the niggling detail that the melanin deficient folks in question are promoting biological uniformity.
    No they want to "diversify" -- to separate and distribute the other races to other localities.

You have to, um, tweak, various definitions when you play the PC game.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No they want to "diversify" -- to separate and distribute the other races to other localities.

You have to, um, tweak, various definitions when you play the PC game.
    Oh, definition a la carpe.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Oh, definition a la carpe.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trying to avoid stigmatization is a good idea if rehabilitation is the goal.

“Inaccurate information, unfounded assumptions, generalizations and other negative predispositions associated with justice-involved individuals create societal stigmas, attitudinal barriers and continued negative stereotypes,” it continues.

“We want them ultimately to become contributing citizens, and referring to them as felons is like a scarlet letter that they can never get away from,” Haney said.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell