Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wow! No More Criminals!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Stop giving them ideas!
    OBP's "Free Range People" wins that round.

Comment

911: 911, what is your emergency?

Caller: Um, yes <loud noise heard in background> would you please send a police officer to nicely ask the legally challenged person <loud bang> who is firing, oops, sorry, discharging an explosive accelerant device into my front door <loud bang> to please desist and seek other accommodations?

911: Do you need a Adult Intervention Officer or a Aged Challenged Intervention Officer?

Caller: Um, I think Adult.

911: Are you sure?

Caller: <crashing noise in background> Well, he started discharging the device so I didn't see him very well... <loud bang>

911: Well, we can't send anyone without knowing what age appropriate officer to send. We also need to know the preferred gender of the law involved individual.

Caller: <screams> <loud bang> <indistinct noises>

911: Person?

Caller: (Different voice) Hey, can I get a large pizza with sausage?

911: Oh, certainly Sir, Ma'am or other. Would you like extra cheese?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        911: 911, what is your emergency?

Caller: Um, yes <loud noise heard in background> would you please send a police officer to nicely ask the legally challenged person <loud bang> who is firing, oops, sorry, discharging an explosive accelerant device into my front door <loud bang> to please desist and seek other accommodations?

911: Do you need a Adult Intervention Officer or a Aged Challenged Intervention Officer?

Caller: Um, I think Adult.

911: Are you sure?

Caller: <crashing noise in background> Well, he started discharging the device so I didn't see him very well... <loud bang>

911: Well, we can't send anyone without knowing what age appropriate officer to send. We also need to know the preferred gender of the law involved individual.

Caller: <screams> <loud bang> <indistinct noises>

911: Person?

Caller: (Different voice) Hey, can I get a large pizza with sausage?

911: Oh, certainly Sir, Ma'am or other. Would you like extra cheese?
        I hope I don't offend you but I cannot condone the consumption of meat products but could I interest you in an abortion?
        FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How about naughty persons that just made a mistake?
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            How about naughty persons that just made a mistake?
            "Naughty" sounds awfully judgmental.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              And to think, we once thought that "1984" was just a science fiction novel. He was just a bit early on the timing prediction.

"Justice involved person" sounds like a name for someone who works in the courts, not someone who is sentenced by them.

What are they going to call their homeless? "Asphalt Involved Persons?"
              As the saying goes, "George Orwell's 1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual!"
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is actually not new - ‘Justice-Involved Individuals’ is a term from a 2016 guide from the Department of Education to refer to “criminals.”

Beyond the Box
                Increasing Access to Higher Education for Justice Involved Individuals
                Purpose of This Guide

Today, an estimated 70 million Americans have been involved with the criminal justice system. Data show plainly that people of color are more likely to come in contact with the justice system due, in part, to punitive school disciplinary policies that disproportionately impact certain student groups and racial profiling.

There is also growing recognition that successful reintegration back into our society for justice-involved individuals benefits those individuals, their families, and our communities. Research also shows that education can be a powerful pathway for justice-involved individuals to transition out of prison back into the classroom or the workforce, and cuts the likelihood of returning to prison within three years by over 40 percent.

With this context, it is critical to ensure that gateways to higher education, such as admissions practices, do not disproportionately disadvantage justice-involved individuals who have already served their time. Criminal justice information (CJI), for instance, has been shown to deter potentially well qualified applicants from applying for, and enrolling in, the postsecondary education and training that economists predict is critical to meaningful reentry and labor market success.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So shouldn't the democrats call White Supremacists "Melanin deficient promoters of biological diversity?"

Comment

So shouldn't the democrats call White Supremacists "Melanin deficient promoters of biological diversity?"
                    Well, except for the niggling detail that the melanin deficient folks in question are promoting biological uniformity.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      This is actually not new - ‘Justice-Involved Individuals’ is a term from a 2016 guide from the Department of Education to refer to “criminals.”
                      So this started under Obama, what a shock!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        So this started under Obama, what a shock!
                        EGGzackly.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Well, except for the niggling detail that the melanin deficient folks in question are promoting biological uniformity.
                          No they want to "diversify" -- to separate and distribute the other races to other localities.

You have to, um, tweak, various definitions when you play the PC game.

Comment

No they want to "diversify" -- to separate and distribute the other races to other localities.

You have to, um, tweak, various definitions when you play the PC game.
                            Oh, definition a la carpe.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Oh, definition a la carpe.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Trying to avoid stigmatization is a good idea if rehabilitation is the goal.

“Inaccurate information, unfounded assumptions, generalizations and other negative predispositions associated with justice-involved individuals create societal stigmas, attitudinal barriers and continued negative stereotypes,” it continues.

“We want them ultimately to become contributing citizens, and referring to them as felons is like a scarlet letter that they can never get away from,” Haney said.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment