Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Five on Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
    It's a riot and you don't have to listen to Juan Williams.
    I like Juan.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      I want that game. It will go perfect with the other half dozen monopoly editions we never play (mainly so the kids don’t tear them up).
      The red pieces are a nice touch.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I know I'm outing myself as a euro strategy game snob here, but Monopoly is a terrible game from a gameplay perspective.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I know I'm outing myself as a euro strategy game snob here, but Monopoly is a terrible game from a gameplay perspective.
          Catan and ticket to ride all the way.
          sigpic

Comment

Has anyone actually finished a game of Monopoly? I usually get bored and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              The rum wears off huh?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                The rum runs out huh?
                ftfy, n/c
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I have but the key is actually playing by the rules (including auctioning off properties somebody doesn't want to buy). A big reason games go on forever is giving away money on free parking, which massively inflates the money supply and makes it difficult for anyone to go bankrupt, thus dragging the game on indefinitely.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    Catan and ticket to ride all the way.
                    Two great games. I also recommend Carcassonne and Dominion if you like those.

Comment

I like Juan.
                      Sure, but do like what he says?

https://www.change.org/p/fox-broadca...-on-fox-news/c

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                        I like that he is the counterbalance to the other 4.

Comment

Thanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Along these lines, I'd highly recommend Concordia. Better and more dynamic than Settlers, IMO.
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I've finished lots of them - but none playing my short attention span cousin!

Weird part - he would be the one that wanted to play!
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I have but the key is actually playing by the rules (including auctioning off properties somebody doesn't want to buy). A big reason games go on forever is giving away money on free parking, which massively inflates the money supply and makes it difficult for anyone to go bankrupt, thus dragging the game on indefinitely.
                                Just playing without the auction rules will drag it out - but it can work out better that way because you end up bargaining more.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment