Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Global Climate change 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Climate change 2019

Every year recently a thread has been posted concerning the continuing global warming trend. This thread will deal with 2019.

Source: https://www.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-universe.html

July was the hottest month ever on Earth. Now massive wildfires are burning across the globe.

© Copyright Original Source

This is not just one very, very hot month, and it reflects the trend for Global warning.

And the coolest July was in 2014
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      This only refers to the Midwest temperatures. Your selective citation of the article and failure to note world conditions is noted. The reasons for the low temperatures in the Midwest were described in the article, and the world wide perspective.

Source: usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/08/12/cold-july-climate-report/13952947/

Global climate data for July will be released next Monday, the NCDC reports. The ongoing chill in the U.S. so far this year has not been the case elsewhere on Earth. June was the third straight month that temperatures tied or broke record highs worldwide. Note this reference updates the data for 1914.

If July turns out to be record warm around the world, it would mark the warmest single month since records began.

Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-23-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

ScreenHunter_.jpg
        https://www.science20.com/robert_wal...d_rates-240959

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Speculation as to what are forest fires and what are pasture fires. The main issue is temperature worldwide, and the worldwide incidence of forest fires for July 2019.

Again . . .

Source: Source: [url

https://www.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-universe.html][/url]
          Wildfires are burning across the globe, clogging the sky with smoke from Alaska to the Amazon, and scientists say it's no coincidence that July was the warmest-ever month recorded on Earth.

Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-23-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Speculation as to what are forest fires and what are pasture fires. The main issue is temperature worldwide, and the worldwide incidence of forest fires for July 2019.

Again . . .

Source: Source: [url

https://www.space.com/20112-oldest-known-star-universe.html][/url]
            Wildfires are burning across the globe, clogging the sky with smoke from Alaska to the Amazon, and scientists say it's no coincidence that July was the warmest-ever month recorded on Earth.

You can't even get your links right.

https://www.space.com/20112-oldest-k...-universe.html

Strange 'Methuselah' Star Looks Older Than the Universe

The "pasture fires" comment was an aside and not the point.

The point of the article is that the press is trying to make it sounds like a dire emergency that the Amazon rain forest is burning down and "record number of fires" when the truth is that the Amazon fires over all are LOWER than normal, and that these fires are a yearly occurrence.

"The Sky is Falling!"

Comment

This only refers to the Midwest temperatures.
              For full context, NASA tracks global temperatures relative to the period 1951-1980, so after some considerable warming had already taken place. They do show that the last time temperatures were below the '51-'80 average was a July. July of 1985. That means its now been 34 years since the last time we've had a month that was below the typical temperature of when i grew up (I was born in the mid-60s). And nobody under 35 has ever experienced such a month.
              "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

This only refers to the Midwest temperatures. Your selective citation of the article and failure to note world conditions is noted. The reasons for the low temperatures in the Midwest were described in the article, and the world wide perspective.

Source: usatoday.com/story/weather/2014/08/12/cold-july-climate-report/13952947/

Global climate data for July will be released next Monday, the NCDC reports. The ongoing chill in the U.S. so far this year has not been the case elsewhere on Earth. June was the third straight month that temperatures tied or broke record highs worldwide. Note this reference updates the data for 1914.

If July turns out to be record warm around the world, it would mark the warmest single month since records began.

Minus the part that tells us how the temperatures were taken. You know, the part that miraculously finds warming where it hadn't been for fifteen years?

Either scientists were idiots for fifteen years - or they are idiots now.

Denmark is having a rotting problem...
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Minus the part that tells us how the temperatures were taken. You know, the part that miraculously finds warming where it hadn't been for fifteen years?
                  What exactly are you referring to?
                  "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                    What exactly are you referring to?
                    The sudden 'lookie, there was no hiatus' thing - which seems to be where Shuny's article comes from but won't state it clearly enough.

To be honest, I'm pretty much done with this. But that may be because I'm feeling rough today.

On second thought - I'll come back to this when I feel better and reread the thing.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

You can't even get your links right.

https://www.space.com/20112-oldest-k...-universe.html

Strange 'Methuselah' Star Looks Older Than the Universe

The "pasture fires" comment was an aside and not the point.

The point of the article is that the press is trying to make it sounds like a dire emergency that the Amazon rain forest is burning down and "record number of fires" when the truth is that the Amazon fires over all are LOWER than normal, and that these fires are a yearly occurrence.

"The Sky is Falling!"
                      Sorry for the error. Personal remarks and sarcasm based on a bias against Global warming are not meaningful. The main issue was the global trend of temperatures and fires.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                        For full context, NASA tracks global temperatures relative to the period 1951-1980, so after some considerable warming had already taken place. They do show that the last time temperatures were below the '51-'80 average was a July. July of 1985. That means its now been 34 years since the last time we've had a month that was below the typical temperature of when i grew up (I was born in the mid-60s). And nobody under 35 has ever experienced such a month.
                        I was born in '46 and experienced colder winters in the 50's

Comment

The sudden 'lookie, there was no hiatus' thing - which seems to be where Shuny's article comes from but won't state it clearly enough.

To be honest, I'm pretty much done with this. But that may be because I'm feeling rough today.

On second thought - I'll come back to this when I feel better and reread the thing.

If you come back cite references accurately and completely.

Comment

More specific complete records up to the present in 2019:

Source: https://www.axios.com/temperature-records-set-in-2019-512a1109-99ae-45aa-8953-781ff955c91d.html

All the global temperature records broken in 2019, so far

Comment

The reference did refer to two issues: (1) The hottest recorded July on record. (2) The increase in fires world wide. Yes the fires in the Amazon were forest and pasture fires, but nonetheless these annual human set fires are a long term issue concerning global warming, but the main issue is the world wide high temperatures in 2019, which was better documented in the later reference.

Comment