Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Teen Study Bibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen Study Bibles

So in a couple of weeks we have our first teenager.

I would like to get her a decent teen Study Bible (it would be her first proper Study Bible)

I am considering the following:
    NLT Teen Life Application Study Bible (Alternative cover)
    NIV Teen Study Bible
    NIV True Images Bible For Teen Girls (alternate cover)
    NKJV Essential Teen Study Bible

Any suggestions?
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Well, I'm generally not a fan of the NLT or NIV translations (or Zondervan's penchant for 20 million different "study" bibles - I exaggerate only slightly).

I'm also not a fan of "bibles" disguised to took like something else - we should not be "ashamed of the gospel of Christ".
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X