Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News? Trump denies that he suggested nuking hurricanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake News? Trump denies that he suggested nuking hurricanes

Trump denies that he suggested nuking hurricanes

OK, maybe I missed it -- where is the quote where Trump actually suggested nuking hurricanes?

It's now news that somebody did NOT say something?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, maybe I missed it -- where is the quote where Trump actually suggested nuking hurricanes?

It is based on a story by Axios based on unnamed sources and is now being repeated by various news outlets as verified fact.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It is based on a story by Axios based on unnamed sources and is now being repeated by various news outlets as verified fact.
      So, nobody has an actual quote, or video.... they just jump into "Trump denies...." then they go to a story about the government studying this WAY before he was in office.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I want it on record that I did NOT say we can stop earthquakes by everyone jumping to create a counter-resonant frequency to the earthquake.

We need to nip this sort of stuff in the bud.

Comment

This is apparently the original article on Axios.

https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-...cf0e3f51c.html

No evidence, just rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            This is apparently the original article on Axios.

https://www.axios.com/trump-nuclear-...cf0e3f51c.html

No evidence, just rumors.
            So, it's NEWS that somebody denies rumors.

Comment

So, it's NEWS that somebody denies rumors.
              When the rumors are widely reported as fact, then it kinda is.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Unfortunately, Trump has made so many ridiculous claims over time that even if he did not say such a thing, a large number of people would find the idea that he did credible.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Unfortunately, Trump has made so many ridiculous claims over time that even if he did not say such a thing, a large number of people would find the idea that he did credible.

Jim
                  Even if true, it doesn't excuse a supposed news source from apparently just printing rumors as fact and starting a media storm.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                    That there are people who fiercely hate Trump does not excuse the media of the need to tell the truth.

Comment

That there are people who fiercely hate Trump does not excuse the media of the need to tell the truth.
                      Yeah, but TRUMP !

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, let’s make a radioactive hurricane. It might put a stop to the US-China trade war and let us get back to, albeit radioactive, normality.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Someone needs to tell Trump that we don't need no nookular hurricanes. Sharknadoes are bad enough but Nookular Sharkicanes would be more than we can handle. (I was going to say "...even with roguetech helping out" but we all know that roguetech would be the ones creating the Nookular Sharkicanes for Trump.)

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            Yes, let’s make a radioactive hurricane. It might put a stop to the US-China trade war and let us get back to, albeit radioactive, normality.
                            You bought into the lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Someone needs to tell Trump that we don't need no nookular hurricanes. Sharknadoes are bad enough but Nookular Sharkicanes would be more than we can handle. (I was going to say "...even with roguetech helping out" but we all know that roguetech would be the ones creating the Nookular Sharkicanes for Trump.)
                              I can neither confirm nor deny... and that goes for zombie tsunamis as well.

Comment