Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fake News? Trump denies that he suggested nuking hurricanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    What is sad
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      It's an attempt to show what a bias they have, Jim.

It only happens when they ignorantly glom on to something that supports their own bias - otherwise, it wouldn't work.

It appears you're having a particularly bad day --- I'll stop responding to you again for a while.
      since all you have is negative things to say about me - that would be appreciated.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Well yes.
        Let's see:
        TDS is nothing more than an attempt to dehumanize and trivialize the concerns of people that disagree with you about Trump.
        ...in your opinion, which is wrong.
        It's juvenile, and its degrading.
        ...in your opinion, which is wrong - though I can see why the label would chafe.
        And you all love doing it oh so much.
        ...in your opinion, which is wrong.

So, no. The first and last opinions are nothing more than an exercise in mindreading. Pro tip: you're pretty bad at it.

I will give you, gratis, the reason why I use it: I use it because I find it to be appallingly accurate.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

What is sad is you dragging this out, which is pure ad hominem.

It is a simple fact that the use of TDS is degrading and dehumanizing, and it is used here constantly as a means to dismiss legitimate comments made by people known to have a poor opinion of Trump. Why not ditch it and actually come up with a fact based, logically sound rebuttal for whatever was said that was dismissed as "TDS"?

Jim
          If you used facts vs emotion and opinion, I’d take your concerns more seriously. For now, I just call it as I see it.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Sooo... who didn't see this coming?

Source: CNN's Ryan Says Trump's Proposal to Nuke Hurricanes is Based on Racial Animus

The unanimously anti-Trump panel on Monday’s New Day melted down at President Trump’s alleged far-fetched suggestion to use nuclear weapons to stop hurricanes headed towards the United States. While everyone on the panel laughed off at the idea, CNN political analyst April Ryan took it a step further by declaring that the desire to nuke hurricanes off the coast of Africa is motivated by racial animus.

As she reacted to President Trump’s alleged proposal, CNN political commentator Angela Rye told her fellow panelists: “I keep wanting you all to wake me up and tell me this is a very long, terrible, bad dream. But it’s real. It’s the real thing.”

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Source: CNN's Ryan Says Trump's Proposal to Nuke Hurricanes is Based on Racial Animus

The unanimously anti-Trump panel on Monday’s New Day melted down at President Trump’s alleged far-fetched suggestion to use nuclear weapons to stop hurricanes headed towards the United States. While everyone on the panel laughed off at the idea, CNN political analyst April Ryan took it a step further by declaring that the desire to nuke hurricanes off the coast of Africa is motivated by racial animus.

As she reacted to President Trump’s alleged proposal, CNN political commentator Angela Rye told her fellow panelists: “I keep wanting you all to wake me up and tell me this is a very long, terrible, bad dream. But it’s real. It’s the real thing.”

Source

idiots
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Source

Okay, so let's take this seriously. The purpose for nuking a hurricane is to make it stop being a hurricane - which is NOT inherently a bad idea. Stopping a hurricane before it hit the mostly Third World Africa would be an enormous blessing, preventing untold death and destruction.

How is hoping to save African lives racist?

Heck, it's a danged shame the idea won't work.

Or maybe they are still on that population bomb nonsense and wanna kill off a few million folks here and there? In which case, Trump talking about pursuing weather control might damage their insidious plans...

We need a mustache twirling smilie...
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Apparently this is one of NOAA's most frequently asked questions. If you really don't realize that it doesn't work, I suppose there's no harm in asking, but why any adult would think it might work is beyond me.

As an aside: When I was really young, I asked my mom how tornadoes were formed. She told me it was when hot air and cold air mixed. I then wondered if I could create a miniature tornado by turning the heater and the fan on facing each other in the bathroom... but was afraid to actually try it.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Apparently this is one of NOAA's most frequently asked questions. If you really don't realize that it doesn't work, I suppose there's no harm in asking, but why any adult would think it might work is beyond me.
                    It's not as ridiculous as people make it out to be - blowing out the eye or disrupting a section of the wall might actually cause the storm to collapse. And hurricanes aren't usually described in megatons so most folks don't realize just how powerful they can be - units are the bane of humanity, in my opinion. We need them but they never seem to be in the right form right when we need them to be.

As an aside: When I was really young, I asked my mom how tornadoes were formed. She told me it was when hot air and cold air mixed. I then wondered if I could create a miniature tornado by turning the heater and the fan on facing each other in the bathroom... but was afraid to actually try it.
                    I did the water version in science class in 7th grade. Worked pretty well on the third try.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      It's not as ridiculous as people make it out to be - blowing out the eye or disrupting a section of the wall might actually cause the storm to collapse. And hurricanes aren't usually described in megatons so most folks don't realize just how powerful they can be - units are the bane of humanity, in my opinion. We need them but they never seem to be in the right form right when we need them to be.
                      Even if it did have the potential of working, there's the very obvious potential of spreading radiation over a wide swath of air and possibly land.

Though I shouldn't say anything because I also used to think it would be a good idea to send nuclear waste into space or the sun.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Even if it did have the potential of working, there's the very obvious potential of spreading radiation over a wide swath of air and possibly land.
                        Depends on the payload and where the storm is - far enough out to sea using uranium - eh, not so much of a problem.

I am not proposing that we should try it - throwing around nuclear weapons of any grade is not a good idea - other nations may take it the wrong way (and some may be right). But the concept isn't stupid - just unworkable in the details.

Though I shouldn't say anything because I also used to think it would be a good idea to send nuclear waste into space or the sun.
                        It would work! It's just that, you know, rockets have a nasty tendency to occasionally blow up on the launch pad...

My favorite was to bury them in a subduction zone!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It's an attitude like that which would get you nowhere at roguetech

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's an attitude like that which would get you nowhere at roguetech
                            But which will allow you to live a longer, healthier life...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              But which will allow you to live a longer, healthier life...
                              00000000000000a00aa2a.gif

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39418[/ATTACH]

Keep working on the beer holder...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment