Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Original sin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Pretty sure he's wrong anyways.
    This seems to suggest that he accepted a form of theistic evolution

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      So they don't believe in evolution!
      "The lost link of Darwinian theory is itself a proof that man is not an animal. How is it possible to have all the links present and that important link absent? Its absence is an indication that man has never been an animal. It will never be found."

Comment

"The lost link of Darwinian theory is itself a proof that man is not an animal. How is it possible to have all the links present and that important link absent? Its absence is an indication that man has never been an animal. It will never be found."
        Kinda reminds me of the Mormon "prophets" who spoke for God, but subsequent "prophets" who speak for God tend to show that the prior "prophet" misspoke, or God changed his mind...
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Eh, they're fudging a bit. If he believed in evolution it was likely closer to the YEC distinction between "microevolution" and "macroevolution."

So, for instance, that article states,
          Some Answered Questions

But this is what he actually says in Some Answered Questions,

Comment

Eh, they're fudging a bit. If he believed in evolution it was likely closer to the YEC distinction between "microevolution" and "macroevolution."

So, for instance, that article states,
            Some Answered Questions

But this is what he actually says in Some Answered Questions
            I wonder if Shuny believes that evolution was a purposeful directed divine plan of God?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I wonder if Shuny believes that evolution was a purposeful directed divine plan of God?
              I'm not sure he even knows what he believes.

Comment

Shuny, what the hell are you talking about? Your religion teaches that all humans today are the direct offspring of Adam. Your quotes do not contradict that, they don't even speak of Adam. If they do contradict my quotes then there is serious contradiction in your religion.
                This is the spiritual relationship between humanity and Adam, and to a degree the ancestry of the Manifestations of God and humanity through the male lineage.

Again . . .

They are separate realities in the Baha'i writings, and I provided references describing this.

You persist in being an absolute litralist, not only with the Bible, but the Baha'i Faith and other religions when it suits you to justify your agenda. I cited Baha'i writings that openly contradict your biased assertions, but you choose to ignore them. Based on the citations. The Baha'i writings describe both a cyclic spiritual evolution in Revelation, but also an evolving physical evolution, in particular specifically of the evolution of humanity from the animal kingdom.

the Baha'i writings do not date the physical prehistory of the evolution of humanity, but based on the citations I provided that describe human evolution in the animal kingdom it relies on science for th knowledge of the physical history and time frame of our existence and the evolution of life and humanity, because of the belief in the Harmony of Science and Religion.

Comment

Inerrancy only concerns the spiritual teachings.

Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-05-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    This is the spiritual relationship between humanity and Adam, and to a degree the ancestry of the Manifestations of God and humanity through the male lineage.

Again . . .

They are separate realities in the Baha'i writings, and I provided references describing this.

You persist in being an absolute litralist, not only with the Bible, but the Baha'i Faith and other religions when it suits you to justify your agenda. I cited Baha'i writings that openly contradict your biased assertions, but you choose to ignore them. Based on the citations. The Baha'i writings describe both a cyclic spiritual evolution in Revelation, but also an evolving physical evolution, in particular specifically of the evolution of humanity from the animal kingdom.

the Baha'i writings do not date the physical prehistory of the evolution of humanity, but based on the citations I provided that describe human evolution in the animal kingdom it relies on science for th knowledge of the physical history and time frame of our existence and the evolution of life and humanity, because of the belief in the Harmony of Science and Religion.
                    Shuny, you are denying what your religion teaches and:

. The appearance of humans, he said, was the culmination of the process. In fact, creation would be imperfect and incomplete without us."
                    So do you agree that evolution was a purposeful and directed divine plan of God?
                    Last edited by seer; 09-05-2019, 12:40 PM.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Inerrancy only concerns the spiritual teachings.
                      http://bahai-library.com/uhj_infallibility_abdulbaha

"

Comment

the Universal House of Justice (still can't shake that that sounds like something out of Super Friends)
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          True, The Baha'i Faith believes in Divinely direct evolution, ie Theistic Evolution. Regardless of form of appearance humans were always intended to be human. The Baha'i Faith does not define the time frame of evolution. It accepts the physical evolution of life and humanity as described as the Science of Evolution.

Comment

True, The Baha'i Faith believes in Divinely direct evolution
                            Welcome to the intelligent design camp Shuny...

Comment

And I'm not sure what you mean about God - if man decides what is good or bad then nothing is inherently good or bad. It is only good because man says so.

Comment

Neat how God directed the evolutionary process to endow the human family with a sense of right or wrong.

Comment