Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump impeachment probe began before Mueller even submitted report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Someone should tell him he glued his eyebrow on crooked.
    That was his Justin Trudeau impersonation.
    jt.jpg
    Last edited by Faber; 08-29-2019, 09:54 AM.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Well, there's more...

Impeachment chaos: Pols can’t agree on whether or not they’ve launched process to oust Trump

House Democrats have used the phrase “constitutional crisis” to describe Donald Trump's presidency -- but it turns out they may be creating one of their own.

The House Judiciary Committee leadership is currently at odds over the essential question of whether or not an impeachment investigation is underway. Republicans are pointing to precedent and congressional rules in arguing that traditionally first the House should approve such a move -- which has not yet happened. Yet some Democrats claim the Constitution says otherwise in arguing they've already launched the impeachment process.

So have they or haven't they?

There is no clear answer. The confusion underscores the division inside Congress over every aspect of this explosive political step, which Speaker Nancy Pelosi had urged against for months.

Yet despite Pelosi's repeated warnings, Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., told CNN last week that “formal impeachment proceedings” are underway.

Not so, said Rep. Doug Collins of Georgia, the committee's ranking Republican.

“House precedent requires the full House approve a resolution authorizing the Judiciary Committee to begin an impeachment inquiry,” he wrote in a Sunday op-ed for the Los Angeles Times. “Otherwise, any Judiciary chairman could charge into an impeachment inquiry with only limited, partisan support.”

The confusion over what is actually happening is not limited to partisan squabbles, as Democrats appear to be at odds as well......

So, is there an impeachment under way, or not?
      I believe they made it clear that there was in investigation underway, that doesn't mean a formal impeachment inquiry was filed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        They just can't seem to be honest about it. Or, maybe they're just too stupid or that much in disarray to know.
        If you'd pay more attention you'd be more aware. An investigation, the gathering of evidence, is not the same as an impeachment inquiry and trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Pelosi is desperately trying to hold it back because she knows what damage it can potentially do to the Democrat party.
          She's been holding back because she knows how serious such a charge is, how divisive it can be, and how dangerous it would be to the country should the corrupt majority Senate aquit the criminal President. She is making sure that every i is dotted and every t is crossed giving the corrupt Moscow Mitch and his majority corrupt Senate no leeway but to convict.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            She's been holding back because she knows how serious such a charge is, how divisive it can be, and how dangerous it would be to the country should the corrupt majority Senate aquit the criminal President. She is making sure that every i is dotted and every t is crossed giving the corrupt Moscow Mitch and his majority corrupt Senate no leeway but to convict.
            Because Mueller's nothing burger report didn't have enough crossed T's and dotted I's, right?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Because Mueller's nothing burger report didn't have enough crossed T's and dotted I's, right?
              Nope, believe me there is plenty enough in the report in a normal case to convict, but not enough when you have a corrupt and biased jury in the Senate, with a corrupt majority leader who will do their best to spin, i.e. to lie, to the ultimate jury, which is the American people.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                I believe they made it clear that there was in investigation underway, that doesn't mean a formal impeachment inquiry was filed.
                No, Jim, they're all over the map on this.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you'd pay more attention you'd be more aware. An investigation, the gathering of evidence, is not the same as an impeachment inquiry and trial.
                  You tend to have a horrible track record on legal matters, Jim.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I actually prefer nectarines to peaches.

Comment

For what?
                      Conduct unbecoming, failure to follow procedure, violation of Due Process
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Not according to Nadler.

Formal investigation IS a part of impeachment - and no, you (general) don't get to go around snooping because you just want to - there has to be cause and the prosecution doesn't begin until the investigative report is in.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

She's holding back because somehow, Pelosi is the only sane Democrat left standing. She's not worried about the country half as much as she is her own suicidally insane party.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Nope, believe me there is plenty enough in the report in a normal case to convict, but not enough when you have a corrupt and biased jury in the Senate, with a corrupt majority leader who will do their best to spin, i.e. to lie, to the ultimate jury, which is the American people.
                            No, there isn't. Couldn't even make a recommendation on indictment. It's a $30 million roll of TP.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Not according to Nadler.

Formal investigation IS a part of impeachment - and no, you (general) don't get to go around snooping because you just want to - there has to be cause and the prosecution doesn't begin until the investigative report is in.
                              Just is just six ways from wrong; Congress isn't required to wait until DOJ or DHS or whatever agency issues an investigative report. It's like y'all don't even remember Benghazi or Clinton's email investigation, despite talking about 'em a lot.

As for cause, folks would be wise to read the 2019.03.04 documents.

--Sam
                              "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Finished reading it?

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                No, there isn't. Couldn't even make a recommendation on indictment. It's a $30 million roll of TP.
                                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment