Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox News isn't working for Trump anymore?

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Fox News isn't working for Trump anymore?

If you believe Fox News never worker for Trump, you disagree with Trump on that.

In one of his recent tweets he wrote: “The New @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet. Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”

In other words, Trump agrees with those who have claimed Fox News was working for Trump in their more “fair and balanced” approach.

Quite interesting to see the no-longer-so-chosen-one reveal so much about his view and journalism. It is going to be interesting to see how things develop.

The Washington Post has an interesting analysis:

It’s not the first time Trump has attacked Fox in recent months. He’s applying increasing pressure on the network and apparently hoping it yields even more favorable coverage. His strategy makes sense: Publicly urging supporters to move to another channel, such as the ridiculously pro-Trump One America News Network, could have a significant effect on Fox’s bottom line.

But as mentioned above, this is a symbiotic relationship — it’s not a one-way street. Just as Fox could lose viewers if it alienates Trump and he pushes people to other outlets, Trump relies upon Fox to inform and, in many cases, rally his base. In fact, it’s so influential to such a huge portion of his base that, if it were to buck him over his threats or even just be somewhat less favorable, it could conceivably do him real damage in his 2020 reelection race. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...?noredirect=on
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As I said in another thread, the way Trump works is if you are doing something he likes, you are The Best, Terrific, a Good Friend, but if you are doing something he doesn't like, you are The Worst! Terrible! So Sad!

It's just the way he talks. Tomorrow Fox can be the best again if they do something he likes.

3. Amen NorrinRadd, Bill the Cat amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hasn't FOX News been bought out by a leftist media company now?

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    When the good folks at Fox start getting tingles up their arms when speaking of Trump, I'll get worried.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

6. Amen NorrinRadd, Teallaura, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    As I said in another thread, the way Trump works is if you are doing something he likes, you are The Best, Terrific, a Good Friend, but if you are doing something he doesn't like, you are The Worst! Terrible! So Sad!

It's just the way he talks. Tomorrow Fox can be the best again if they do something he likes.
    Right, and he expects his base supporters to follow his lead, which the lemmings usually do. Like you, making excuses for him; No big deal "it's just the way he talks." The way he talks should tell you what he is, dumbell.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Right, and he expects his base supporters to follow his lead, which the lemmings usually do. Like you, making excuses for him; No big deal "it's just the way he talks." The way he talks should tell you what he is, dumbell.
    You mean like you do?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think he's partially right - Fox is moving a tiny bit moderate. But part of what he's complaining about is Fox's tightening of its journalism.

And yeah, we do need another large conservative outlet. And a broadening of conservative outlets in general.

10. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    I think he's partially right - Fox is moving a tiny bit moderate. But part of what he's complaining about is Fox's tightening of its journalism.

And yeah, we do need another large conservative outlet. And a broadening of conservative outlets in general.
    My best friend favors OANN, except that they frequently rerun taped news segments throughout the day. I don't like it as well as FNC.

(For comparison, here is Wikipedia's article on FNC.)
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

12. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

Yes, you need more outlets to tell you what you want to hear. Lies that is!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, you need more outlets to tell you what you want to hear. Lies that is!
    Nah, we have CNN and MSNBC for listening to lies 24/7.

15. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.