Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden tells a porky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Never heard of that until I moved here where for many if not most "hunters" hunting consists of putting up a tree stand and baiting the immediate area with salt licks and then sitting up in the tree with a 6 pack and shooting the deer with a shotgun slug from about 15-20' away.
    Wow, never even heard of that, and I watch NORTH WOODS LAW and other Game Warden shows!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Never heard of that until I moved here where for many if not most "hunters" hunting consists of putting up a tree stand and baiting the immediate area with salt licks and then sitting up in the tree with a 6 pack and shooting the deer with a shotgun slug from about 15-20' away.
      Serious question... I know nothing about hunting. What's wrong with that?
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Two guys were out fishing. One pulls out a stick of dynamite, lights it, and tosses it into the water where it explodes causing dozens of dead fish to float to the surface. "Are you crazy!" yells his companion. "That's dangerous and illegal!" So the man calmly lights another stick of dynamite, tosses it into the lap of the other, and says, "You gonna talk, or fish?"
        Heard the same story, but it was the Game Warden who had approached in his own boat, and the fisherman tossed the dynamite into the Game Warden's boat.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Wow, never even heard of that, and I watch NORTH WOODS LAW and other Game Warden shows!
          I knew one guy who broke his arm falling out of the tree stand (undoubtedly drunk) while trying to shoot a deer that was virtually underneath him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Multiple things
            beer and guns should never mix
            you can't 'bait' a deer within so many feet of where you're set up
            a shotgun tears up the meat way worse than a single bullet from a rifle
            when you go to process the meat, you have to dig out all these little shotgun pellets, where the great majority of the time, the bullet will pass through

ETA - most importantly, you're not as likely to kill, but only injure, the deer with a shotgun blast.

Comment

Legally or ethically?

I learned to hunt deer by in effect tracking them so this sort of "hunting" is an abomination to me.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Multiple things
                beer and guns should never mix
                you can't 'bait' a deer within so many feet of where you're set up
                a shotgun tears up the meat way worse than a single bullet from a rifle
                when you go to process the meat, you have to dig out all these little shotgun pellets, where the great majority of the time, the bullet will pass through
                Most use a slug.

Comment

Most use a slug.
                  wow

Comment

Baiting deer is wrong because it is not sporting. It's no longer "hunting"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      OK, time for Jerry Clower's - "everything needs a sporting chance..." the 'Coon has the option of coming down out of the tree and whoopin every dog on the ground and walking away - it is strictly left up to the 'Coon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I didn't know this was a hunting mindset. It's kind of foreign to me, coming from a perspective of someone who hasn't picked up a gun since Boy Scouts but does fish (obviously using bait).
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Biden apparently had a bloody eye during CNN's climate town hall: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...te-town-hall-/ Considering he has a history of cranial aneuryisms, these health questions aren't going anywhere.

Just from a purely strategic standpoint, it seems obvious to me that Warren has replaced Biden as the "safe" choice for the Democrats. I don't think the whole Native American thing by itself is going to be fatal to her, certainly in comparison to an encyclopedia's worth of gaffes Biden continues to churn out.

(Yang might actually be the strongest candidate in the mix but we know he's not actually getting nominated.)

Comment

Democrats also seem to be coming to the slow realization that Biden's perpetual gaffes are not just "gaffes" but evidence of declining mental health.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Democrats also seem to be coming to the slow realization that Biden's perpetual gaffes are not just "gaffes" but evidence of declining mental health.
                              Meh. That "declining mental health" has been going on for decades.

Comment

Biden apparently had a bloody eye during CNN's climate town hall: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...te-town-hall-/ Considering he has a history of cranial aneuryisms, these health questions aren't going anywhere.

Just from a purely strategic standpoint, it seems obvious to me that Warren has replaced Biden as the "safe" choice for the Democrats. I don't think the whole Native American thing by itself is going to be fatal to her, certainly in comparison to an encyclopedia's worth of gaffes Biden continues to churn out.

(Yang might actually be the strongest candidate in the mix but we know he's not actually getting nominated.)
                                Interesting considering that many see Warren as Sander's biggest rival for the far left vote.

Comment