Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Young Lady at Wal-mart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Lady at Wal-mart

I LOVE the grocery pick up! It makes my life much, much easier (I can't half walk and those electric carts only carry so much!).

Anyway, a couple weeks ago, I was leaving when the trunk popped open. I had to get out and close it because the young lady had failed to do so. My legs hurt and it was a busy area but I knew it had been an accident, so I closed the trunk and forgot about it.

Today she happened to be that one that brought my groceries out. The first thing she did was apologize - I hadn't even realized it was the same person because I'd forgotten about it.

She also gave that trunk lid a work out this time around!

It's a little thing, but it's nice that she not only remembered - but cared.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I don't know why, but Walmart is kinda my social laboratory... I love just encouraging Walmart employees who appear to be unhappy, sad, bored, or, better yet - abused. Like somebody who yells at a cashier because the person in front of them in line was too slow --- it's NOT the cashier's fault that the old lady waits until she gets her total to slowly take her checkbook out of her purse to start writing a check, when she could have been doing that all along.

WHO WRITES CHECKS?!?!?!?! Anyway, I kinda see Walmart as a mission field.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I don't know why, but Walmart is kinda my social laboratory... I love just encouraging Walmart employees who appear to be unhappy, sad, bored, or, better yet - abused. Like somebody who yells at a cashier because the person in front of them in line was too slow --- it's NOT the cashier's fault that the old lady waits until she gets her total to slowly take her checkbook out of her purse to start writing a check, when she could have been doing that all along.

WHO WRITES CHECKS?!?!?!?! Anyway, I kinda see Walmart as a mission field.
      I still see people occasionally write checks. Mostly elderly or poor people who probably couldn't get a credit/debit card and are afraid to carry that much money with them. But what really irks me is when somebody stands there while the cashier is ringing up the groceries or whatever, not bothering to bag them and waiting for the poor cashier to do all the bagging while there is a long line of customers waiting to be checked out.
      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
        I still see people occasionally write checks. Mostly elderly or poor people who probably couldn't get a credit/debit card and are afraid to carry that much money with them. But what really irks me is when somebody stands there while the cashier is ringing up the groceries or whatever, not bothering to bag them and waiting for the poor cashier to do all the bagging while there is a long line of customers waiting to be checked out.
        But even poor people or people without credit/debit cards could get the checkbook out and begin filling in the date, the "to", and be ready to write in the dollar amount. I'm talking about people who wait until the cashier tells them the total, then it's like a little light goes on in their head.... "oh, I need to write a check! Let's see, my checkbook, is it in the bottom of my purse....."
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment