Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cannibalism, Abortion: Climate Change Fix

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Well as someone who can actually understand what they were speaking, its clear that this was just a minor idea, put up for discussion amongst a lot of discussion topics. The interviewer really tries to put it to the professor to say that he's interested in eating human meat. He answers that it was just indeed just one of several topics, and that he very much doubts that it would ever be used.

So methinks the media is just trying to spin this into something big when it was just a weird topic raised for discussion.
    You're just saying that because you're Danish, and go well with cream cheese and coffee.*

Also, some stupid ideas are best left unsaid... Just sayin'...

* Sorry, couldn't resist!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well as someone who can actually understand what they were speaking, its clear that this was just a minor idea, put up for discussion amongst a lot of discussion topics. The interviewer really tries to put it to the professor to say that he's interested in eating human meat. He answers that it was just indeed just one of several topics, and that he very much doubts that it would ever be used.

So methinks the media is just trying to spin this into something big when it was just a weird topic raised for discussion.
    I didn't see the MSM reporting on it at all really. The Fox News source Seer linked to was reporting Sanders "eugenics" proposal. I only saw alternative news sources giving the cannibalism idea any attention.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I didn't see the MSM reporting on it at all really. The Fox News source Seer linked to was reporting Sanders "eugenics" proposal. I only saw alternative news sources giving the cannibalism idea any attention.
    It was definitely out there. Honestly, don't know why they even brought it up at that conference. You only get so many weirdness points to spend before people start taking you less seriously.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It was definitely out there. Honestly, don't know why they even brought it up at that conference. You only get so many weirdness points to spend before people start taking you less seriously.
    Considering that "the climate is going to destroy the planet in like a decade unless we do something drastic" has become a raving cult of late, no proposal they give, no matter how absurd or macabre, surprises me anymore.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Considering that "the climate is going to destroy the planet in like a decade unless we do something drastic" has become a raving cult of late, no proposal they give, no matter how absurd or macabre, surprises me anymore.
    I'm a "climate moderate", in that I don't think climate change is going to destroy humanity. I do think it will have severe economic consequences, and an ounce of prevention and forethought beats a pound of cure. I, along with others are both tired of the denialism of the problem on one hand, and hyperbolic alarmism on the other hand.

You might enjoy this article here from Michael Mann.

Doomsday scenarios are as harmful as climate change denial

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm a "climate moderate", in that I don't think climate change is going to destroy humanity. I do think it will have severe economic consequences, and an ounce of prevention and forethought beats a pound of cure. I, along with others are both tired of the denialism of the problem on one hand, and hyperbolic alarmism on the other hand.

You might enjoy this article here from Michael Mann.

Doomsday scenarios are as harmful as climate change denial
    I could definitely be wrong (since I don't really keep up with it like I used to), but I honestly don't see very many "denialists" anymore, at least those that have political sway. What I mainly see is push-back against the alarmism aspect, mainly on the political side of the issue and the things they've proposed to try and solve it.