Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Betsy Ross Flag: Symbol Of Hate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betsy Ross Flag: Symbol Of Hate!

Note to white supremacist groups, please start using the rainbow flag at your events. Thank you....

Couple says soccer stadium officials demanded they take down their Betsy Ross flag during game because it had become a symbol for hate groups

Utah couple Randolf and Diana Scott say that a local soccer stadium threatened to eject them from the stadium if they didn't put away their Betsy Ross American flag.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/couple...or-hate-groups
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Betsy Ross was a Puritan abolitionist...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

So do any for real hate groups actually fly the Betsy Ross flag? And if so, who cares?

The KKK flies the regular flag. does that make it a hate symbol?

Note to white supremacist groups, please start using the rainbow flag at your events. Thank you....
      Exactly. If they actually DID, the LBGT wouldn't stop using it. They would just be mad that a hate group is trying to steal their symbol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Where do you think this is all going?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So do any for real hate groups actually fly the Betsy Ross flag? And if so, who cares?

Exactly. If they actually DID, the LBGT wouldn't stop using it. They would just be mad that a hate group is trying to steal their symbol.
          A hate group already stole the rainbow symbol.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            ouch...

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              But they are all about love and tolerance!

Comment

But they are all about love and tolerance!
                If you love and tolerate them, yes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I did a google search for KKK betsy ross flag and the only image I can find is of a patch that says Klu Klux Klan at the top and has a betsy ross flag and a confederate flag on it. But the only place I see this image is on twitter feeds of liberals saying, "see they do use the betsy ross flag" - so I am not buying it.

I also searched for KKK flag and got a lot of results with the KKK's own flag, the confederate flag and the modern American flag, but none of the betsy ross flag.

If I search for White supremacist betsy ross flag, I get a bunch of images of regular white people with the flag, that links mostly to news articles claiming white supremacists use it.

Searching for Nazi Betsy Ross flag I find two photos, both from the same rally, of some nazis holding the flag in some march.

This entire thing is just made up. Like the whole "milk is racist" thing.

Comment

I did a google search for KKK betsy ross flag and the only image I can find is of a patch that says Klu Klux Klan at the top and has a betsy ross flag and a confederate flag on it. But the only place I see this image is on twitter feeds of liberals saying, "see they do use the betsy ross flag" - so I am not buying it.

I also searched for KKK flag and got a lot of results with the KKK's own flag, the confederate flag and the modern American flag, but none of the betsy ross flag.

If I search for White supremacist betsy ross flag, I get a bunch of images of regular white people with the flag, that links mostly to news articles claiming white supremacists use it.

Searching for Nazi Betsy Ross flag I find two photos, both from the same rally, of some nazis holding the flag in some march.

This entire thing is just made up. Like the whole "milk is racist" thing.
                    Sure it is made up, but the real goal is to go after Old Glory, this is just the the opening salvo.

This goes back to 2015:

Professors: US flag symbolizes racism, should not be displayed on campus

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/prof...ayed-on-campus

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Sure it is made up, but the real goal is to go after Old Glory, this is just the the opening salvo.

This goes back to 2015:

Professors: US flag symbolizes racism, should not be displayed on campus

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/prof...ayed-on-campus
                      There is an easy solution for those who are triggered by the flag: leave.

Comment

The subreddit for this soccer team seems to be siding with the ban. Here's one user's take,
                        "I confronted the guy with the flag the first match he brought it. I went up in a non agressive way because I knew to some people its not a white supremacist symbol. I asked him if it was his flag, he said yes. I asked him why he had it. He said because he loved america. Which is funny because that in not the american flag its a colonial flag. If you love america fly the american flag. Then I told him that the flag is adopted by ultea right wing militia movements, is used by the KKK and other bone head rascist types. Then his friend and wife were like hey we are not rascist. I then proclaimed that i didnt say they were rascist and that I jad obly asked two questions. 1. If it was their flag 2 if they knew it was used by white supremacists. They then got super aggressive and told me to leave so I did. I didnt want to have a fight. 5 minutes later event staff came up to me amd tried to eject me from the match because. Mr bettsy ross flag guy claimed I had assulted him. I told event staff what actually happened and how more than anything I was curious as to who this person was and went and talked to him. He sits in the front row. Event staff watched me talk to him and knew I didnt actually assult him. They went and talked to the event staff where he sits and they co firmed my story of just asking some questions and they left me alone. Based on him amd the people he was withs reaction and how defensive/ agressive they got when I asked my first question. They know full well what the flag is used for and brought it for those reasons. Hes a ****"

That started a debate over whether or not the Betsy Ross flag is racist.

A slightly more sane Redditor posted this,
                        "He’s a ref and player for a men’s league I play in, and I’ve never heard him be racist or foul mouthed at all. He’s been nothing but nice. His wife isn’t even white. I’m thinking it’s more ignorance to the issue than racism. But that’s only seeing him for a couple of hours a week playing soccer so I don’t know."

Which was met with the reply,
                        "Please ask him to stop making Utah look stupid on a national stage."

People be crazy yo.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                          The subreddit for this soccer team seems to be siding with the ban. Here's one user's take,
                          "I confronted the guy with the flag the first match he brought it. I went up in a non agressive way because I knew to some people its not a white supremacist symbol. I asked him if it was his flag, he said yes. I asked him why he had it. He said because he loved america. Which is funny because that in not the american flag its a colonial flag. If you love america fly the american flag. Then I told him that the flag is adopted by ultea right wing militia movements, is used by the KKK and other bone head rascist types. Then his friend and wife were like hey we are not rascist. I then proclaimed that i didnt say they were rascist and that I jad obly asked two questions. 1. If it was their flag 2 if they knew it was used by white supremacists. They then got super aggressive and told me to leave so I did. I didnt want to have a fight. 5 minutes later event staff came up to me amd tried to eject me from the match because. Mr bettsy ross flag guy claimed I had assulted him. I told event staff what actually happened and how more than anything I was curious as to who this person was and went and talked to him. He sits in the front row. Event staff watched me talk to him and knew I didnt actually assult him. They went and talked to the event staff where he sits and they co firmed my story of just asking some questions and they left me alone. Based on him amd the people he was withs reaction and how defensive/ agressive they got when I asked my first question. They know full well what the flag is used for and brought it for those reasons. Hes a ****"

That started a debate over whether or not the Betsy Ross flag is racist.

A slightly more sane Redditor posted this,
                          "He’s a ref and player for a men’s league I play in, and I’ve never heard him be racist or foul mouthed at all. He’s been nothing but nice. His wife isn’t even white. I’m thinking it’s more ignorance to the issue than racism. But that’s only seeing him for a couple of hours a week playing soccer so I don’t know."

Which was met with the reply,
                          "Please ask him to stop making Utah look stupid on a national stage."

People be crazy yo.
                          The ignorance/stupidity/gullibility of people is astounding.

That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Now we can offend everyone...

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

I love the flag of my country.

Comment